LOL Democrats - Tik Tok on the clock, but the party don't stop

you sure he isn’t an undercover Republican?

Well, he is if you subscribe to the horseshoe theory. He claims to be super progressive.

He certainly doesn’t lift a finger to help when it comes down to the wire to elect Democrats.

Also, I can’t speak out against him, really, because I’m a cis white woman and he is Islamic/Arabic and he is incredibly good at blaming any criticism sent his way on racism. No one likes him, but for this reason, no one actually speaks against him. He is all about Islamic representation, and has gotten many of his community members into positions on committees, etc, under the label of “progressivism”…and of course they owe him.

Since our county party places DEI concerns above all when making decisions, it would be suicide to speak out against him. This week in particular would be a terrible time to publicly call him out. We already have a huge problem with both anti-Israel and anti-Palestine feelings in the party (have had, for a while) and he would make it about that, no question.

Personally, I don’t give a fuck what he looks like, it’s how he acts.

1 Like

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2

3 Likes

Tbh it is pretty annoying when people use identity-based characteristics to deflect criticism, so yea that does seem frustrating but unfortunately is all too common in politics these days

1 Like

Find someone from his community that has had a falling out with him to be your stalking horse. Or someone else with minority street cred.

we’re going to build a slate of folks to run for central committee so we have more people to oppose him and his friends.

Also, more fuckery happening:

Our monthly central cmte meeting is this Tuesday. In the pre-meeting email, two resolutions were sent out that we’ll be voting on. one is a local issue and one is this:

Summary

Resolution Condemning

Terrorist Invasion of Israel and all attempts to justify killing innocent civilians

Author: Jewish Democrats of San Diego County

Co-Sponsors: Rep. Juan Vargas, Rep. Mike Levin, Asm Chris Ward (AD78), Asm David Alvarez (AD80), Councilmember Dr. Jen Campbell, Councilmember Stephen Whitburn, Councilmember Marni Von Wilpert. Councilmember Kent Lee, Councilmember Raul Campillo, Councilmember Vivian Moreno, Rabbi Jason Nevarez, Rabbi Scott Meltzer, Hon. Andrea Beth Damsky (AD79), LaShae Collins (AD79). Colin Parent (AD79), Jason Bercovitch (AD79), Jessica Hayes (AD79), Lauren Cazares (AD79), Ryan Trabuco (AD78), Dina Feldman-Scarr (AD77), Sheri Sachs (AD76), Hon. Ross Pike (AD75), Chris Pearson (AD75), Max Coston (AD75), Ryan Darsey (AD75), Lauren Kornit (AD74),

Whereas, on Saturday October 7, 2023, the Hamas terrorist organization led an unprecedented invasion into Israel which included over 1,500 terrorists entering Israel by land, air, sea, and underground tunnels simultaneously and resulted in at least 1,000 dead, including 14 Americans and many children whose killing was videotaped and sent to their parents, 3,000 wounded, and over 100 abducted Israelis, including a 4-year-old and an 85-year-old Holocaust survivor, who were beaten and dragged against their will into Gaza where their bloodied bodies were paraded through the streets as trophies while publicly broadcast on social media; and

Whereas, Jews throughout Israel and around the world are forced to live with heightened fear and anxiety due to an immense increase of antisemitic attacks that have resulted in record cases of harassment, vandalism, and assaults on American Jews including the repeated spreading of antisemitic flyers in Del Cerro, College, and other neighborhoods within the City of San Diego, the physical assault of a Rabbi near SDSU and another in University City, repeated destruction of the Chabad of SDSU, and public statements at the San Diego County Leon Williams Human Relations Committee spreading blood libel which accused Jews of being taught to kill Palestinians when reading the Torah or Jewish bible; and

Whereas, at least 39 rallies have been held throughout the United States, including in Balboa Park, celebrating the massacre of Israeli civilians, both Jewish and non-Jewish, with various organizations, both political and non-profit, attempting to justify the slaughter and direct targeting of women, children, and seniors.

Therefore be it resolved, the San Diego County Democratic Party 1) condemns in the strongest possible terms the massacre of innocent Israeli, Palestinian and American civilians by the Hamas terrorist organization; 2) opposes all efforts to justify terrorism and celebrations of terrorist attacks; 3) remains committed to fighting all forms of hate, calling it out wherever it exists, ensuring that all members of the Jewish community are safe, included and respected within the San Diego County Democratic Party.

Be it further resolved, this resolution will be shared with the California Democratic Party and all Democratic elected officials representing any portion of San Diego County.

Of course, two days later we got an email letting us know that there’s an additional emergency resolution being drafted “Resolution Condemning Killing of Palestinians in Gaza and in Solidarity with Palestinian and Muslim Americans” that will be sent out soon.

Tuesday’s meeting is going to be an absolute shitshow.

They’re going to be prepared to shout down lines that they consider Zionist propaganda, so I would start by comparing Hamas to Russia vis-à-vis Ukraine and to MAGA in ways that are absolutely not what they prepared for.

if only they allowed my resolution that all this fuckery just stops forever

That seems like a terrible one-sided resolution and I think his response makes sense. At first I thought from the title (about not justifying killing innocent civilians) it would be a resolution condemning Hamas but also calling on the IDF to be restrained, but no it’s completely one-sided. In particular the paragraph about the 39 rallies and political groups “celebrating the massacre of Israeli citizens” is obviously intended to be inflammatory. This reads as an attempt to attack anyone that supports Palestine as a Hamas supporter.

Because it specifically mentioned protests in Balboa Park, I went and read the news articles I could find about it, and couldn’t find any where it discussed the Palestinian side was supporting Hamas (or calling for death to Israel, etc.) - yet from your description that is exactly what it was. Not saying that some haven’t been doing this, but this paints them all with the broad brush of being terrorist sympathizers. This feels similar to Donald Trump’s famous made up story about thousands of NJ Arabs celebrating 9/11.

I bet he (or at least people he knows) were at Balboa Park so he’s obviously going to take calling everyone there terrorist sympathizers personally.

1 Like

Oh, I know. And this has been going on in the party for a while, actually. Any support of the Palestinian people gets called antisemitism, and vice versa. We have very active Jewish and Arabic/Muslim factions in the central committee, and they are always at it.

When the first one was sent out, I was actually surprised that there wasn’t a competing one and that it seems the Muslim dems were caught off guard.

I hope both pass

Good luck - competing resolutions seems like a bad idea to me, but not sure what the alternative is if the two sides are stridently against each other.

I haven’t followed that protest but I guess that they could claim that the chant “from the river to sea” is anti-Semitic.

As ever, the more completely intractable an issue is, the more people insist on making it their core issue. Nobody can even suggest anything to do to sort the issue out over there, let alone in a Democratic party room in San Diego.

1 Like

8 Likes

Who bet on Republicans not letting Feinstein’s replacement getting committee assignments?

https://x.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1714351820489814442?s=20

1 Like

I am so tired.

Our old white lady opponent is winning a couple votes because her advisor is playing up the Israel-Palestine war as a reason to endorse her instead. She’s not commented on it at all…it’s just this guy (my hater) is getting to people who are passionate about Palestinian rights.

I cannot even. How do we even fight against this? there is absolutely no way without being painted as racist/islamophobic. Both candidates are straight white people, but this snake has made her into a proxy for the Palestinian side of this war event though it literally has NOTHING to do with a California assembly race.

I have to hand it to him, this guy is insidiously good. He has completely stacked one of the area caucuses of the county party with supporters, and the only reason he’s running this candidate is to get yet ANOTHER seat on central committee that’s loyal to him (highest vote-getting Dem in any state race gets a seat automatically).

We’ll still have more votes at the pre-endorsement conference on Saturday, but not enough to go on the consent calendar at the CDP convention. Which means we’ll be doing all of this again in two weeks.

If you can’t effectively run on a moderately pro Israel platform in So. Cal., that might be a you problem.

Just hug Biden statements imo and characterize the opponent with doing pro hamas assembly seat foreign policy.

Dems lose votes by hugging unpopular causes where they have limited control, which is bad politics.

Oh, we can do that with the general population, no problem.

This is the incredibly progressive San Diego and California Dem party only. The pro-Palestinian position is much stronger in this group than in the general public.

Dirty tricks.

Maybe say there is no actual difference in their positions. But I don’t know anything about local party level politics. From what I can tell from LA city level taped FBI recordings it’s ugly.