LOL Democrats - Tik Tok on the clock, but the party don't stop

Just because someone I don’t like has used the words “personal responsibility” doesn’t mean I think there’s no such thing. “You’re doing talking points” is always an idiotic argument.

3 Likes

lol

I got that and already said “fair enough”.

How much should the federal government increase the funding of residency slots to make things better?

They should also stop locking up immigrants and stop locking up minorities at a disproportionately higher rate.

Why do we even fund these profit centers? Why not fund healthcare for all, and then let the hospitals and clinics compete in the free market for customers?

Also true! Who are you arguing with about this point, exactly?

I feel like most doctors don’t actually want a system where it’s much easier to become a doctor and they are paid much more like everyone else, like in the UK.

Some have.

It’s a difficult position though, because you could easily fuck up your own training. It’s also hard to get people to join a union when they’re going to be gone in 3 years. We looked into this for a bit in our own hospital, and we couldn’t even get a union to help us out.

There was still a bunch of walkouts around covid… but that didn’t stick.

2 Likes

All the people who spend all their time ITT bitching about loan forgiveness instead of more important matters.

Not sure to be honest.

Because Americans are too in love with capitalism.

Maybe it would have stuck if covid had been worse.

Guilt by association is an ironic tactic to use for someone quite fond of the “worst person you know” meme.

3 Likes

Not going to be a priority if that doesn’t translate into votes.

UK system is weird. They have a two tier system I think were you can indefinitely be a doctor but be junior or whatever and get paid shit.

UK probably has a social hierarchy where doctors get compensated with social benefits to a larger extent than in the US, so American doctors need money to buy big houses and fancy cars to compensate.

what about free public college? do you believe everyone is entitled to free public primary and secondary school? why is college different in your opinion?

Undecided. Everything free always would be great, but of course, even if Tucker Carlson would agree with me, it’s not possible. Free public junior/community college everywhere in the US seems like it would be quite manageable and I’d fully support that. Free private University, I’m not sure I’d ever support that. In between, I don’t know.

1 Like

Well I’m in favor of public healthcare for all. But that doesn’t mean I don’t pay my bills under the current system.