LOL Democrats - Tik Tok on the clock, but the party don't stop

But you still post on the internet?

4 Likes

FUCK OFF I TELL YOU I’M HAPPY YOU GODDAMN SON OF A BITCH!

4 Likes

At least Roger Stone spent a few nights in jail. That’s the best we’re gonna get.

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1522544243092463616

https://twitter.com/gorillapolitic/status/1522721003431817217?t=J02pPYTg7A0GI1TeV4Mggg&s=19

WAAF

https://twitter.com/marceelias/status/1522724144022003716?s=21&t=f5PYSFa_0HFGWbtUixAByQ

1 Like

Like guys the establishment Dems are losing on purpose. No, they’re not pro life, but they’re pro-wealthy and pro-corporation and that means they’re pro “Nothing will fundamentally change.”

That’s why they won’t ever pack the courts, they don’t want to fundamentally change the courts. If a few hundred thousand women have to die over the next decade from lack of access to abortion, that’s a price they’re happy to pay to make sure they don’t get a pro-labor pro-poor anti-billionaire SCOTUS.

They’re the goddamn Washington Generals, and if anyone still can’t see it now, I don’t know what to tell you.

Their response to all this is to scream and yell and do nothing. If they had 65 Senate seats they’d find a way to fuck it up.

3 Likes

ActBlue needs you now more than ever!

1 Like

So how big of a DNC donation should I pencil you in for? $5k? What if I told you we’d TRIPLE MATCH your funds?

They can triple kiss my ass.

Man it’s so depressing to think about what was possible after the 2008 election vs. this actual timeline.

1 Like

No doubt. Useless. Heck just a different result in 16 gets us a Supreme court of 5 liberals, Garland, Roberts, Alito, and Thomas.

The one that gets really depressing is what would have happened if Hillary Clinton wasn’t repeatedly a historically bad candidate.

She was supposed to beat Obama in the primary 2008. If she did, she’d have run against McCain and he probably would have been ahead in polling and would not have picked Sarah Palin. Others on his short list included Lieberman, Pawlenty, and Romney. So he picks someone not grossly incompetent and he goes on to beat Clinton, essentially ending her career in presidential politics. Meanwhile, Dems still have Obama on the bench.

McCain after eight years of Bush is probably a one-term president, and Obama probably beats him in 2012. McCain does likely get the two Supreme Court justices Obama got, but Obama likely gets the three that Trump got plus replaces Breyer. So we net out one better and presumably McCain’s judges aren’t as bad as Trump’s. Either way, Roberts remains the swing vote.

We go into the 2020 election having never even heard of Sarah Palin, and likely avoiding at least some significant percentage if not a majority of the right-wing nuttiness. We also have already exhausted Hillary Clinton’s presidential run, and if Trump does run and win the nomination in 2020 at an advanced age, he likely loses the general as it would be hard for Dems to nominate someone worse than Hillary to run against him. More likely, the GOP nominates someone less extreme and beats whoever runs for the Dems, and we’re currently in the midst of a GOP presidency with a 5-4 conservative court with all of the liberal justices 67 or younger, and with three conservative justices 67 or older.

Which is to say there’s a decent chance in that timeline of swinging the court to our side within the next decade.

And the left would be complaining about the situation, oblivious to this timeline, and would laugh at anyone suggesting that this timeline was even remotely possible.

2 Likes

“The left” is a pretty heterogeneous group

I just had a chuckle at the idea of like a space-time continuum traveler being able to jump from this timeline to that timeline to be like “YOU HAVE IT SO GOOD DO YOU EVERN UNDERSTAND?”

And they’d all be like “What? We’re pretty fucked man, they’ve got the court and all.”

Our continuum traveler would be like “SO WHAT? DONALD TRUMP WAS OUR PRESIDENT AND ROE JUST GOT STRUCK DOWN AND GAY MARRIAGE IS NEXT AND THEY ARE BANNING MATH BOOKS FOR BEING RACIST AND THE REPUBLICANS THINK DISNEY WORLD IS GROOMING KIDS TO BE LGBTQ!”

They’d just laugh hysterically and be like “Yeah, okay, whatever you say man. So anyway, that dude was crazy, huh?”

2 Likes

Like shit, imagine going back in time to like a town hall with McCain in 2008 and being like, “Senator McCain, my name is commonWealth and I’m from Pennsylvania, and my question is… How will you stop your party from coming to believe that Mickey Mouse is trying to turn all the kids gay?”

And there are so many questions like that we could ask that would get us laughed out of any room in 2008, less than 15 years ago.

bold to assume mcconell would have actually confirmed anyone in 2017 in this scenario