LOL Democrats - Tik Tok on the clock, but the party don't stop

eDems would literally rather lose than win by campaigning on and subsequently implementing popular progressive policy. The debate on messaging is just cover. Nancy has never been as dismissive of any GOP House colleagues as she was of AOC “with her twitter or whatever.” And the rest of the rank and file have Nancy’s back.

5 Likes

And I’m saying that is often an excuse made by people who don’t support those policies either. Like, 99% of people complaining about how “defund the police” is such a bad message also think defunding the police is a bad thing to do. Obama is one notable example.

Of course you’re right that there are some people who secretly want to slash police budgets but think we should lie to the public about it (it sounds like you’re one of them?), but that’s a small minority of the people who are arguing about how “defund the police” is a bad slogan.

4 Likes

Seems what you are saying is AOC and those to the left need to pipe down when their voices are already marginalized and their power almost non existent.

I’d really would like a detailed description of what dems want progressive to do. Because stfu is the only thing I can come up with.

3 Likes

Some could look at that as an argument that if the Dems didn’t have people like AOC and Pelosi in their ranks, people like Ammar could win more elections.

Why not just ignore “defund the police”, don’t bother trying to explain it, and go on the offensive on other issues to distract from it?

They treat the lincoln project better then the left. Because they have more in common with them.

8 Likes

Counterpoint:

It’s so amazing we are hearing sooo much from Obama about politics when he’s trying to sell a book and shit on the left but he was super quiet while Trump was in office and used an excuse about some dumbass “norms” or some shit like that

8 Likes

What does the article say other than the undemocratic nature of the senate sucks?

When Obama and other EDems whine about defund the police messaging, they are addressing their enemies, not their allies. Sorry that you can’t use the broken two party system to shove the left into a locker anymore.

Sounds like a punishment worse than torture :grin:. I can barely budge the Trump supporters who I have rapport with via text, so can’t imagine doing it via what I’m assuming is a cold text.

What % of your convos with Trump supporters were via text compared to phone, or face-to-face? Can you share rough idea as to what your conversion rate was?

I’ve done way more face-to-face canvassing compared to text or phone banking, and even with F2F our engagement protocols were geared towards engaging neutrals or supporters, rather than opposers. And we only let our strongest people engage with non-supporters, so I’m assuming your campaign had similar guidelines, ie. skydiver is strong and can handle Trump voters, but let’s have the volunteers who are wet behind their ears only engage with Ammar supporters.

https://twitter.com/nataliewsj/status/1334527521405202433

hand clap emoji

Get younger elected officials

3 Likes

Die Hard not winning is the end of the republic.

4 Likes
  1. Die Hard
  2. Home Alone
  3. Miracle

Love Actually and Polar are bad movies.

Love Actually does a great job of shuffling you from scene to scene quickly enough to distract you from the absolute fact that it’s a complete trash movie.

2 Likes

This shit is disgusting but I guess vote blue

https://twitter.com/cdrosa/status/1334519248639709185?s=21

4 Likes

Does absolutely every single major city have a horrible mayor?

Basically. I’ve been thinking about this a bit lately. Like, you have these cities where the Dem primary is the entire election. And time after time voters choose these absolute ghouls. It’s not like they’re worried about electability in the general - they just choose to
vote for the worst humans imaginable.

I’m not sure how much of it is because the Dem base is actually pretty conservative, how much is due to stuff like the local party having the churches and nonprofits and stuff under their thumbs, or how much of it is due to the fact that any sane, good person would never in a million years want to be mayor of one of these cities and deal with the baked in corruption and immorality.

3 Likes

Not Flavortown, their mayor seems awesome!

https://twitter.com/business/status/1334865801665507328?s=21

9 Likes

Now i have a reason to like Guy Fieri? 2020 can’t possibly get any worse.

3 Likes