LOL Democrats - Tik Tok on the clock, but the party don't stop

The source they’re using seems to have three choices: conservative, moderate, liberal.

Shrug. I think “moderate” is filling a lot of gaps there because a lot of people don’t like the term “liberal”. Only half of Dems in total identify as liberal.

Something to be said for honesty.

2 Likes

Young women don’t have yambag podcasters teaching them to be regressive incels.

3 Likes

Leftists who completely refuse the label of “liberal” are probably in the 2% who declined to identify as liberal/moderate/conservative. I think they are more likely to choose “very liberal” vs “moderate”.

Gallup measures Americans’ political ideology by asking survey respondents whether their political views are “very conservative,” “conservative,” “moderate,” “liberal” or “very liberal.” Because relatively few people categorize themselves as “very” conservative or liberal, Gallup reports the results in three summary groups – conservatives, moderates and liberals.

This probably explains why the Democratic Party is the way it is:

By the time the bill was up for debate during a marathon series of votes, Sinema had already forced Democrats to abandon their carried interest tax increase.

“Senator Sinema said she would not vote for the bill … unless we took it out,” Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer told reporters last week. “We had no choice.”

I mean he could at least dress it up a little bit and pretend like they’re even trying to stop this shit. “We had no choice” is exactly what you’d say if you were in on it or had a choice. Recall that it wasn’t long before this when he gave a statement saying they had no idea if she was on board and hadn’t talked to her. Yeah super believable turn of events.

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1561470565650599936?s=21&t=UuMVCeKHGXP_DKLSm1cPJw

Kelly’s VORP is super high when you consider the other senator from his state. Not only that — he’s up for re-election in a purple state. Him saying stuff like that doesn’t really bother me.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve lost a good bit respect for Kelly, still has a high VORP tho (I say unironically).

on one hand, yeah, if he wins, it hardly matters how he wins. but otoh, kelly is one of few democrats who could probably go on offense more often than they do. i am not just talking about spaceman and military rank. he could be out there spitting fire about assault rifles, and political extremism, because of the tucson shooting. yet, he’s probably too good of a guy to lose his temper like that sometimes. in poker terms, he should broaden his range somewhat.

Unless I’m uninformed here, Mark Kelly’s voting record is perfectly fine for a D senator in a purple state. I don’t really care what fake platitudes he gives to the other side as long as he continues to vote well and gets re-elected in a few months.

3 Likes

Kelly probably one of the next in line for killing filibuster reform in the miracle case where Dems keep the House and take 51 Senate seats.

Most people will self-identify as “moderate” even when their views are not, in fact, “moderate.”

3 Likes

radical centrist

1 Like

I mean most self-identified “moderates” are just a weird mix of far-left and far-right positions.

2 Likes

meh, when calculating VORS I really have zero interest in dumb shit they say on sunday shows that nobody watches

I can’t think of a better category for @iron81 . Maybe West Wing Liberal.

I think the definition of a radical centrist is a regular centrist who doesn’t shut up when pushed from the extremes.

2 Likes

radical centrists have been pushed too far by the radical left, who want such insane things as affordable healthcare and education

i’ve come to respect centrists in a way, even those who radically advocate some right wing positions as a way to incrementally move … forward (:face_vomiting:). i am not super familiar with all of @iron81 positions, but i do appreciate that i probably don’t know the depths of how every rogue agency works (e.g. ICE, CBP, DOJ, and even CIA/DOD) and it is clear that Biden the Centrist probably does. and the grinding crawl to untangle the hard-line GOPniks installed there is going to be maddeningly slow, with compromises and even setbacks along the way. but that is the curse of such a huge and powerful bureacracy as teh us gov’t.