Let's discuss fidgetUK’s ban

Literally something along the lines of “hah hah, I’m trolling these guys real good by pretending to be reasonable” and “ha ha I trolled Wookiee real good in the COVId thread and got him arguing with Ike’s”. Of course jalfrezi waited until after those posts were deleted to start the gaslighting.

1 Like

He said he made a single post in the covid thread, that I say was very relevant to the thread at the time, which he caveated by stating in same post he did not endorse but ‘put it out there’ only to be ripped apart by the usual covid thread suspects… so trolled, as he had been trolled, instead

1 Like

I am getting conflicting stories of what happened.

1 Like

Because I realised that to have a meaningful conversation about it would mean poring over that thread and comparing it with people you think he trolled, which I don’t have the time or inclination to do - so it’s moot point, move on.

It’s better if you take it up with him when he’s unbanned.

presented without comment

3 Likes

Suzzer posted this screenshot. I’m copying here under the assumption that it’s not a shop. I don’t have much experience identifying shops.

Didn’t realize you were proudly anti-semantic

2 Likes

It is not a photoshop. Here’s the post:

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/council-of-captains-discussion-thread/5403/33?u=skydiver8

anyone knows who controls the realDonaldTrump account? Good to know they’re SUBVERTING DEMOCRACY itt.

2 Likes

LOL. You gaslighting troll. You don’t have the time or inclination. … SMH, you don’t have the time or inclination because you know that he did exactly that. And it is pretty pathetic.

I don’t know… But you managed to drop from someone who I thought is pretty normal, even cool, to a solid low life. How did you do that? What the fk made you change so much? Or was I so blind and you have been always like that?

2 Likes

haha, holy shit

2 Likes

Cut the abuse please.

On a related note…

When do people think we can take another look at marty’s ban for 2 weeks for being too combative?

Yes what we definitely need is another thread discussing moderation.

3 Likes

Not defensible by anyone.

2 Likes

When people told me “he said he was trolling” I thought they were exaggerating; I didn’t realize that he literally actually said “Yes, I am trolling the forum, it’s very fun!” as though he were Butch the Bully from the Cool Cat movie shouting “Haha! I love being a bully!”

3 Likes

Seriously wtf is wrong with anyone who thinks fidget doesn’t deserve a permaban.

He is who we thought he was.

He is not changing. This is absurd.

1 Like

I dont think he should be permabanned based on the offense, precedent, and then in particular because it came out in indefensibly outed PMs.

I have basically gone out of the way to avoid all of the forum drama. I have thoughts on the situation, but other than being somewhat bummed out and discouraged from participating on here going forward, they probably arent worth sharing at this point.

I, and Im sure others, have found the COVID thread important and useful. I have engaged in good faith with everyone in the COVID thread to a person.

So while I dont want Fidget perma’d, I will say that finding out that my last interaction with him was basically a JAQing off exercise designed to troll specific members of the board is extremely fucking irritating and the kind of corrosive shit that absolutely ruins these types of forums. He owes everyone an apology.

14 Likes

How it came out is absolutely irrelevant and a separate issue.

He is trying to destroy the forum. You can’t ignore that just because you are not happy with how people found out about it.