Let's discuss fidgetUK’s ban

I hope the options aren’t permaban or reverse ban immediately.

3 Likes

I’m fine with moderators not being able to give out a first strike permaban but exactly how many strikes do people get before it is an automatic permaban?

If we are just going to community vote every single time for repeat offenders this forum is just done. People here WANT IT TO FAIL. And we are letting them.

2 Likes

jman reading with bifocals too - lol

The only way he could be more transparent would be if someone published a bunch of his pm’s were he and his council of captains admitted to their trolling.

1 Like

He hasn’t “trolled the forum”. Talk about hyperbole.

So what was he doing then?

Also I’m shocked that the defense of fidget started in earnest after we couldn’t reference his posts talking about trolling the forum were removed. Shocker.

Again, ludicrously transparent.

You’re asking the wrong guy. I enjoy a good troll, even at my expense

I don’t know. In fidget’s case, I’d say a second ban for related trolling would be enough. But in someone else’s case, not. Like, suzzer was recently temp’d for a day. I think it would be ridiculous for that to be followed up with a perma.

I’m also fine with a moderator effectively doing what chads did with sabo, saying, “Listen, I banned him for an undetermined amount of time. I think it should be a perma. Let’s talk/vote on it.”

I just hate the combination of:

• mods can perma posters on a first strike basis
    AND
  • mods can perma posters without any community approval

Relax one of those two and I’m more ok with the other.

1 Like

Fibonacci with decay

duuude… One thing that I seriously hate, like big time and take extremely personally, is when you are trying to sell me for stupid. Take your gaslighting in a different direction.

He trolled me, dunked on me and was a dick towards me. I tried to be supportive in mental health thread. SMH.

Why did you delete your post?

I’d cut him some slack if he was fidgetUS but UK?!! Fuck that guy.

4 Likes

I’m going to regret asking this but what exactly did he say?

1 Like

Literally something along the lines of “hah hah, I’m trolling these guys real good by pretending to be reasonable” and “ha ha I trolled Wookiee real good in the COVId thread and got him arguing with Ike’s”. Of course jalfrezi waited until after those posts were deleted to start the gaslighting.

1 Like

He said he made a single post in the covid thread, that I say was very relevant to the thread at the time, which he caveated by stating in same post he did not endorse but ‘put it out there’ only to be ripped apart by the usual covid thread suspects… so trolled, as he had been trolled, instead

1 Like

I am getting conflicting stories of what happened.

1 Like

Because I realised that to have a meaningful conversation about it would mean poring over that thread and comparing it with people you think he trolled, which I don’t have the time or inclination to do - so it’s moot point, move on.

It’s better if you take it up with him when he’s unbanned.

presented without comment

3 Likes

Suzzer posted this screenshot. I’m copying here under the assumption that it’s not a shop. I don’t have much experience identifying shops.