Led Zeppelin Tournament Bracket

It’s not gonna get any easier with Nobody’s Fault But Mine and Dancing Days (my personal fave of the 11s) coming up.

1 Like

First three in that batch were super easy, but then it’s Dazed and Confused vs. The Wanton Song and then What is and What Should Never Be vs. In the Evening and my heart has been rendered in two.

1 Like

The problem for Zeppelin is that the Willie Dixon version was just so iconic.

Zeppelin II and III are like the gateway drugs and after that you realize PG and HoH are pretty fucking great too.

It’s not a problem for me.

The Rover getting crushed makes me sad. I was hoping for an upset. Such a dirty fucking riff.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a victory for cutesiness over moodiness.

Skip to Stairway podium and end this imo

1 Like

2 Likes

Yea, The Rover is one of my favorites for sure while Thank You is alright I guess.

I’m very persuadable, make your cases before the deadline, have only voted for stairway so far

1 Like

The Rover is a slow, heavy and moody song with a hint of menace in the riff; Thank You is an uncharacteristically overly sentimental cheesy love song with a dated 60’s chorus.

I rest my case.

Stairway could win without being anyone’s favorite.

Vote Lemon over Shook because it’s a very ambitious song, especially then, with a wonderful wandering bass line that was almost avant garde at that time and solos that manage to tip a hat to Scotty Moore while still being ground breaking.

1 Like

I accidentally voted (or almost did I don’t remember) for You Shook Me because I was thinking of the ACDC song.

2 Likes

Probably happened because you were working overtime on the seduction line.

6 Likes

I got knocked out by those American thighs.

2 Likes

Liked those posts and the AC/DC song is good, but still <<< the LZ song.

“She told me to come but I always already there.”

vs.

I dunno probably some Hobbit shit

I’ll call the lyrics a draw.

Blouse and dove

vs.

Spoiled brat schoolboy outfit

Also a draw.

2 Likes

I love to imagine the pitch Plant gave to Page on the train ride or whatever where they supposedly met and came up with the idea of the band.

“Dude, let’s do American Blues - but more rocking.”

“Sounds awesome. I’m in!”

“But wait, I’m going to wear a blouse and mince around the stage. Maybe play with a dove.”

“Um…”

“And we’ll sing about Hobbits and Ringwraiths and shit.”

“Are you sure?”

“Trust me. It will melt faces.”

And it did. Doesn’t get any more rock n’ roll than that.

3 Likes