Leaving The US

At this point it should count as asylum seek.

1 Like

Good luck @JohnnyTruant . Youā€™re following through with my dream. Hopefully I wonā€™t need things to go so pear shaped before I start living the country life. Iā€™m glad youā€™re getting out.

6 Likes

Cool. A couple of germans near my farm in South America did just this on 50 hectares (I think) a while back and have achieved amazing things. Theyā€™re trying to comercialize their production and are making a small fortuneā€¦problem is they started with a big fortune :wink:. I can PM you their link if you like?

I am much smaller, 1 hectare of organic market garden and 4 hectares of sheep. Weā€™re always broke but itā€™s (mostly) a lot of fun, plus mental and physical wellbeing is priceless.

Go for it!

5 Likes

Was wondering if this thread was gonna be bumped.

I got a really uncomfortable couch for yā€™all to crash on once the Czech borders open to non-EU citizens without temporary or permanent residency. Not sure when/if that will happen this year though.

3 Likes

I can start a thread, sure. Iā€™m kinda shy thoā€™. I thought about chiming in in the gardening thread?

5 Likes

Great, you lead and Iā€™ll follow. Feel free to @ me so that I donā€™t miss it.

1 Like

I started it at 40s for a reason

2 Likes

I looked into this too and I think, but am not 100% sure, it is only spouses to reunite or parents and children. I donā€™t think your wife and kids would be allowed to come without you.

I know. Again Iā€™m not an expert but I am trying to help a friend with with this too. My understanding is it is if the parents are in Canada but dependent kids are not or spouses are separated. It has to be dependent children.

For example my mother, who is thankfully better, but could have died last week. We looked into if my brother could come up and the answer was no even if she died.

2 Likes

I could be wrong but I donā€™t think kids can join grandparents unless they are dependants.

Please donā€™t take what I am saying as gospel. It is very confused right now even at government agencies.

1 Like

It took me hours and a dozen calls to find out my brother couldnā€™t come back to visit my mom or go to her funeral. I got several different answers. Itā€™s al very confused right now.

Hope your family is allowed.

2 Likes

Thanks. Luckily she is doing far better.

5 Likes

No. I might talk to them this weekend though.

1 Like

They told my brother he could simply go to the border and gamble an agent letā€™s him cross but said the chance was small.

JTā€™s problem seems like that puzzle with the farmer has to get across a river in boat with a fox, chicken, and corn. Boat only carries farmer + 1 of the three. If left alone, fox eats chicken and chicken eats corn. How does he get all across?

So in JTā€™s case, I feel like hereā€™s what we can do.

-JT goes over to Canada with kids (all Canadian)
-JT comes back to US (re-unify with American wife)
-Mrs Truant goes to Canada (re-unify with Canadian kids who are there)
-JT wraps up shit in Cali an then goes to Canada (heā€™s Canadian)

And weā€™re done. For extra credit get micro up there to install some solar.

7 Likes

Can you all fly up together and then you fly back to get the stuff?

Or, put your stuff in storage and go up together. You can pay someone to bring it up.

Thatā€™s really frustrating that they canā€™t give you a straight answer. I would be raging at the phrasing of ā€œunlikely to workā€ from the official source. What do you mean ā€œunlikelyā€, motherfucker?? Arenā€™t we living in a society? Arenā€™t there rules??

Why would a farmer own a fox?

1 Like

Can you fly them to Seattle, drive up to meet them, and cross the border together? Will they let you turn around and head right back over after shepherding them across?