Leaving The US

Why can’t you take care of everything and all move up at the same time?

Or have stuff shipped?

He doesn’t want to wait that long.

Why would you fly instead of driving? This seems like the most ldo drive scenario.

Bunch of controversy brewing today in media because dumb Americans are lying to border patrol about needing to get to Alaska but stopping in Banff as tourists. Lots of calls to crack down.

So it turns out they got stopped and sent to Peace Arch Park

https://www.narcity.com/news/us/wa/peace-arch-park-opens-for-loved-ones-among-us-and-canadian-border-closure

I somehow missed out on that part of the story.

1 Like

I kind of thought that was weird as I was typing it out. But that’s how I remember it.

Here’s another version with wolf, goat, and cabbage.

Seems even weirder.

Hope your move becomes a success. So far it’s looking good!

Must be nice to beat the traffic. It’s only a matter of time before Americans are running over the open borders into Canada and stealing all the jobs.

2 Likes

Good job man.

Do you have a place picked out at all? Any idea what area?

I think we just need to split the country at this point.

I went to Toronto with friends in the 89, just after Michigan won the NCAA championship. We went to the local court and some locals challenged us to a game. My team consisted of me and four tall black guys. The first time I’m passed the ball one of their guys yells “self-check!”

Friendly my ass.

Is this where you grew up?

(apparently it’s closed now)

1 Like

Sweet. So glad it is working out. Next time I make it that way I’ll touch base.

1 Like

He hasn’t but my mom is much better so he has stopped trying.

4 Likes

They announced yesterday the closing of the border is extended to at least end of July.

Oh interesting I didn’t know that. I’ll let him know. Thanks.

Man beachcombers is a real flashback to my youth!

3 Likes

That’s great. Welcome back to Canada. Hope everything goes smoothly for you and yours.

4 Likes

I can confirm that the Canadian border guys are generally total dickheads. Not polite like normal Canadians at all.

My experiences with CA border agents >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> my experiences with US border agents.

2 Likes