Leaving The US

You missed the point about 1937 - it wasn’t chosen randomly - and why my post was relevant to JT’s.

I did and still am. Hitler took power in 1934. I’m obviously missing the joke here. My bad.

I work for MegaCorp and I see lots of job postings internally in Toronto, Sydney, Ireland. Internal transfers are easy and the company provides immigration lawyers. It’s good to have options.

1 Like

Yah, the timing hasn’t been great for me. My 180 days in Mexico actually ended back in May, but I got an extension until November b/c of covid, but now that’s coming up soon. Initially my plan was to apply for temporary residency back in May, but that doesn’t seem possible for the foreseeable future.

Now I’m probably just gonna leave Mexico in November for 3 months, then come back early next year and hope they grant me another 180 days (seems very likely but I guess you never know).

Supposedly you can fly back out and right back in, which you probably know.

How long would it take for Canada to start up a nuclear weapons program?

The most common dangers on Svalbard include: Polar bears: There is a very real risk of running into one of Svalbard’s few thousand polar bears

A few thousand polar bears? No thanks!

Black bear: fight

Grizzly bear: play dead

Polar bear: make you peace with God

3 Likes

They only let you leave their biggest “city” if you bring a rifle with you.

Also expensive as hell to live there. I’d do it though. Looks cool.

1 Like

Croatia to introduce digital nomad visa

Croatia could be an attractive option for the poker players/digital nomads among us trying to get to Europe. I don’t think the details are ironed out as of yet, but hopefully it’s easily renewable and includes a path to permanent residence/citizenship.

1 Like

Fuck Yeah!

Feels like the last scene of Good Will Hunting where Affleck goes to pick up Damon and he’s not there. If I were less lazy I’d post the vid, but I assume everyone knows what I’m talking about.

Congrats!

Also, we’re gonna need some kind of trip report on this.

4 Likes

Start practicing your “eh”.

1 Like

Goooooooooo Truaaaaaaaaaaaaaaants!!!

Congratulations!

Still have more paperwork to go though?

New home, new avatar. Hope the Ts settle in fine there. Congrats on a smart move.

Green Party is largely symbolic here. They have maxed out at a couple seats nationally.

Ya generally I am a fan of minority governments.

That doesn’t mean they can’t be in a decisive position. I believe that before this election BC was 41 NDP, 41 Liberals, 2 Independent, 3 Green. So the Green Party effectively had full power to veto NDP or Liberal legislation.

That’s what we have in USA#19. Not great.

1 Like