Leaving on that midnight train for Georgia Runoff

That may be the greatest analogy for the current state of our politics that I’ve ever seen. @bestof

2 Likes

The post got ponied and jman’s @BestOf got ponied. That has to be a first.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s good at all. It’s all CNN and MSNBC are going to talk about. You think they’re going to talk about sleepy Joe Biden when they can cover Trump? They can’t, Rachel Maddow has mouths to feed. No one is going to watch them cover the Biden administration.

Nah that ain’t it, Republicans still had massive turnout for a runoff. What won this was the insane turnout from the dems and Stacy. I mean they got almost 100% of the general in all the huge dem strongholds which is INSANE. They registered hundreds of thousands of new voters.

Any other runoff without Stacy and insane turnout here dems lose by like 5 points.

1 Like

The MSM learned a lot from But Her Emails. I think they’ll be reticent to signal-boost Trump’s nonsense once he’s out of office.

Haha the Georgia SoS just said, “soon to be Senator Ossoff.”

4 Likes

It’s pretty incredible how many things had to go right for this to happen. First both had to force a runoff, which only happened due to rules Rs themselves changed (for Perdue anyway). Then Warnock basically dragged Ossof over the finish line. I don’t think you get 100% turnout in largely black counties w/o Warnock. Good turnout yes, but not 100%.

I’d like to see a win probability graph of Dems taking Senate starting Nov. 3. It had to be down to 1% or less at some point.

1 Like

I’ll suffer personally from this, since my parents are hardcore MSNBC devotees, but as a citizen, should I give a shit what Rachel talks about on her deadly boring show?

1 Like

Biden/Warnock/Ossoff were a killer campaign trio. A friendly young white face for young whites, a friendly black face for black folks, and a friendly old face for old people. Plus Biden gave some great speeches.

4 Likes

Hopefully Biden’s folks will be pretty aggressive about pumping out news. The more the MSM can talk about what Biden is doing, the less we’ll hear about what Trump is doing.

Just hypothetically, if Thomas resigned right now - could Republicans seat a replacement with the diminished congress? Not asking would, just asking could.

I don’t think they would have time

Trump saying that this election is rigged too is hilarious because now even fewer republicans will ever vote again. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me two times, you can’t get fooled again!

2 Likes

might have been answered previously but my buddy who is very into minute details, found that there are 7 tie breakers to who is considered the senior senator in any situation most involving former public service, #6 involving the population of the state at the most recent census, and #7 being alphabetical order if the senators are from the same state on the same day and all other tiebreakers are equal.

but this one would be whoever is sworn in first, like wheat said, which is based on alphabetical order, so ossoff would be senior senator.

also senior senator gets to speak first, gets committee assignments first, and other things, it’s fairly important considering almost everything in the senate is based on seniority.

Lol, I was positive this was a post from @SweetSummerChild until I looked at the name.

7 Likes

Mitch would find a way. 14 days is plenty of time. Constitution just requires the senate to vote on it, they could skip the hearings and everything else if they wanted to.

Edit: With that said, they’re down to a 2 vote majority right now? I think? 50-48 while we wait for Ossoff’s race to be certified. 2 senators defect and it doesn’t work.

Edit: Actually maybe it’s 51-48 because Loefffler is still there until certification.

yea thats what im saying, i dont think they would have the votes really to rush it

https://twitter.com/Conblob/status/1346697887766335488

Schumer: “Stacy Abrams GOAT. Two great candidates. Trump and the Republicans are clowns. $2,000 checks are coming. I look forward to sitting down with Cocaine Mitch (smirk). All Joe’s nominations are going through. Watching those GOP MFers lose from my couch in Brooklyn was awesome. Thank you.”

2 Likes

low point was on election night before the mail dumps at like 10. Was in the 20’s after that at least.

1 Like