Leaving on that midnight train for Georgia Runoff

2k stimulus happens at least

already passed the house with schumer trying to bring the bill up for a vote

4 Likes

At this point, Trump has to want the republicans in Georgia to lose, right? Because it helps with his Georgia is rigged narrative? And because he wants to burn it down on his way out?

1 Like

or he still thinks if they win he might still be president

1 Like

If we win these we get the heroes act, and maybe an obamacare fix, and maybe some environmental legislation, all pass through a giant budget reconciliation bill. Also taxes go up some on the rich and corporations because it has to be revenue neutral. It’s not nothing. Also Biden actually gets some judges confirmed.

1 Like

The problem with 2k is that the dems need to do it in reconciliation, because otherwise it takes 60, and I"m confident the dems aren’t voting to end the legislative filibuster. I think heroes act passes in some form, but yeah, it might not be the full 2k.

1 Like

His upcoming GA rally is going to be a total shit show.

1 Like

They’d get 60 if they bring it asap

Nah he’s been campaigning for them and will be again on monday. He wouldn’t do that if he wanted them to lose.

He thinks them winning gives him a chance of still being president or something. Or Republicans controlling the senate can help block dems from going after him post election.

He’s not helping by going down there and nominally endorsing them while also shitting all over the Georgia GOP and playing the greatest hits of grievance based crazy.

Yeah, the man just likes doing rallies. Possible he passively-aggressively goes after Loeffler at the rally.

I mean they love grievances though. If he really wanted them to lose wouldn’t he be taking backhanded shots at them already? Telling people not to trust the GA runoff elections?

Like if he wanted to tank this election for them 100% he easily could and he isn’t. He has tweeted support for them a ton of times and actually shot down MAGA attempts to boycott the runoff. It’s obvious he isn’t working against it. Could be threats from Mitch or something but still.

1 Like

If I were in charge we’d do 2k/month for 2020 and 2021 for everyone in reconciliation and pay for it by rolling back those tax cuts (and raising on the wealthy if that’s not enough for reconciliation)

2 Likes

It absolutely would. People like Sanders and AOC would be screaming until it happened.

Not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe. Nope!

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1345840506937503745

5 Likes

Holy shit, both races now swung blue on predictit.

2 Likes

I’m telling you, dems are gonna bink this shit. It’s not 2020 anymore.

6 Likes

I don’t want to believe because I’m always over optimistic and I’m always disappointed but I can’t help myself lol. I’m believing it.

2 Likes