LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

2021 looks fun

2 Likes

I don’t even wanna know what JK Rowling did. DO NOT INVESTIGATE

2 Likes

I’m staring at this as hard as I can in the hopes it transfers me to this alternate universe.

“Lou Dobbs gets new heart from illegal immigrant”, what the fuck? Please change to “Lou Dobbs made to eat own heart on live TV”.

1 Like

I just can’t fathom being that rich and having weird online grievances. Log off and swim in your endless piles of money Scrooge mcduck style!

Is there anywhere we’re discussing those allegations of Linzey hiring a whole bunch of gay hookers?

https://twitter.com/mikerecine/status/1269118384161112065

I feel like there’s a nonzero chance if they go on the record that the Trump playbook works for him. You know, God uses imperfect instruments for His will, let he without sin, etc etc. It would be hilarious if he had been hiding his Terrible Secret for years only to find out that nobody gives a shit and he could have been like “gay hookers? yeah I suck and fuck 'em” years ago.

OTOH, in this timeline we can’t have nice things, so what will probably actually happen is that I’ll have to watch people like Dinesh D’Souza go on TV and pontificate about Morality. Shoot me now.

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1269411880952565763?s=21

We went through it yesterday in the Trump thread.

He should just use the defense that he wasn’t always gay, but dating Laura Ingraham in the 90s turned him gay so it’s her fault.

Oh wait, I remember how.

4 Likes

Honestly, I feel bad for Millennials who grew up as children reading the wholesome adventures of Harry Potter and who now have to deal with the fact that J. K. Rowling is an obnoxious, hateful piece of shit. She has Scrooge McDuck-style piles of money and yet she spends her free time bullying transgender people, what a fucking asshole. When I was young I read Jules Verne and Isaac Asimov and Ray Bardbury and shit and they probably had garbage opinions on a lot of things but there was no social media back then so I have the luxury that I don’t have to deal with them posting transphobic bullshit on the twitters.

2 Likes

He’s the ultimate Karen

Bezos in government? lol

1 Like

Possibly they will at some point sell the USPS to Amazon, which I guess would make him Postmaster General

I could care less about Rowling as I’ve never read the books or seen the movies but if my 5 minutes of googling are correct this seems way over blown. Is this entirely about the tweet where she said some doctor shouldn’t be fired for saying sex is real? That is hardly transphobic. She even acknowledged the fluidity of gender in the same tweet.

JK Rowling is 54. Is this an I haven’t hit the menopause yet brag, or just a terrible way of attempting to define females?

I’m being slightly facetious.

There seems to be a large group of feminists who will never accept transgender females as women because “You don’t get to have all the privileges of being male and then call yourself a female when it suits you”, or something.

It’s a real pity with Rowling in particular because some of her denouncements of the Tories have been brilliant to see.

Well, if she’s not 100% on board with all my ideas let her burn!

5 Likes

This is becoming a far too common worldview.

2 Likes

so what exactly is JK rowling trying to say when she says that people who menstruate used to be called women

That may be some people’s opinion of her, but it’s not mine.

That feminist debate on trans issues is complex. I see their pov but side with trans.

Has there been a push in the trans community to say biological sex isn’t real recently? Or is she responding to the idea that sex is more complicated than just female/male by saying of course biologically female people exist.