LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

No idea. This is a specific technical question and should be answerable with a half hour of googling.

1 Like

Massachusetts, meet Missouri.

I think it’s more about class and perceived power from a certain element of society. Not many white trash Karens.

3 Likes

This is true, but how many bougie black Karens are there?

is there no KY/primary discussions going anywhere?

Who gives a fuck what Ja Rule thinks I should eat for lunch at a time like this? This is ridiculous. I don’t want to eat gyros. I’m starving to death. I want some answers that Ja Rule might not have right now. You think when I’m hungry I’ll be in the crib like, “Oh! My God, this is terrible. Could somebody please… find Ja Rule! Get hold of this motherfucker, so I can make sense of what to eat. Where is Ja? Help me Ja Rule!"

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/KingFromNY/status/1275577650074042368

:microphone:

1 Like

There are stereotypes in the black community about young women who, on a date, send everything back (often after eating most of the meal), and the black granny who has a long list of special instructions for her meal, and will send her food back if it isn’t the way she wanted (my MIL is famous for this).

That’s different than the Karen meme. Karen is not just hard to please; she is not only sure of her privileged place in the world, she weaponizes the weak authority of others to broadcast that privilege. Karen goes to a packed Chili’s on Saturday night, is told there’s a 45-minute wait time, and wants to speak to the manager after 20 minutes. She wants to speak to the manager again when her salad doesn’t have enough croutons, and again when the waiter isn’t fast enough with the check. She calls the police on bird-watchers in the park who tell her to leash her dog.

The woman who behaves this way is a middle-class white woman, but that doesn’t mean it’s all–or even most–middle-class white women. This term is about observed behavior, not expectations based on gender or racial stereotypes.

1 Like

I’m going with an epidemic of cops mistaking fireworks for gunfire and reflexively shooting the nearest black person.

This is what I think of when I hear Chad

https://shop.royalmail.com/special-stamp-issues/queen

1 Like

Not a shock. There have been plenty of stories about him groping women during pictures and being an all around creep with women.

I’m fairly certain I’ve heard those sorts of stories for over a decade.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheTodayShow/status/1275584428287418368

I would think chess is a bigger concern for the men’s rights activists, what with the queen been so powerful and all. Obviously the Radical feminists are to plan.

2 Likes

What do you mean, this is America, I can move anywhere I want

Cricket is banned in the UK… Because of Bats

I guess we’re in the LC thread, so I don’t really have to worry about derails, so here goes:

1. How does it prove that?
  2. Even if it does prove that, there is no reason to assume that bolded is true in every case. I have no doubt it is true in some case. Even many cases. All cases is a different matter.

There really should be American Chess where the white pieces are never punished for bad moves and the black pieces can’t leave their half of the board.

6 Likes