LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

YouTube definitely brings a veneer of authenticity to the conspiracy theory. Its quite cheap to replicate the production values of a “serious interview” like one sees on TV. So people see videos of talking heads that have the same general appearance and cadence as news shows. Its also the main vector for long form videos which feed the whole narrative of “I’ve done independent research”.

1 Like

Add some broth and a potato, and baby you’ve got a stew going!

3 Likes

There’s a sign on a road I drive down sometimes that says, “Slow Turtle Crossing”. I think it’s the greatest sign ever.

3 Likes

If you go to the Galapagos they have these all over. In fact, turtles have the right of way in all scenarios and the highest level of legal protection, above people! :grin:

Unstuckers crushing the BBJs lately

Edit: I’ve had money on this site for like ten years and cashing out is super complicated. So I just moved way up in stakes and was crushing until I lost 20% of it in one night

6 Likes

6 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/BarristerSecret/status/1306156331712294918

2 Likes

This is me every day.

3 Likes

I almost posted that last night at 11:45 when I saw it on twitter. Instead I just shut the computer and went to bed.

2 Likes

I was stuck in this run for a while, I think from pandemic fatigue. I started blocking 2 hours in my work schedule 8 to 10 for “focus time” and every night I write a list of things I’ll do in focus time the next day, before I even read my new messages. This has had two big positive impacts:

1. Even if I goof off the rest of the day, my couple of big “to do” items for the day get knocked off.
  2. Many days just getting in a productive groove helps me keep going the rest of the day.

Anyway sorry if I’m preaching about time management but this was a pretty helpful change for me. I would be delighted if it helped you too.

5 Likes

I hit the mini BBJ at Maryland Live about 4.5 years ago. Used the cash to buy an engagement ring :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

So… was it a Bad Beat or a Jackpot?

1 Like

But did you really… :thinking:

🏃‍♂ :point_left:Smacc off to find posts by @suzzer99 after 9.45am GMT.

1 Like

I did, really.

1 Like

Sherrod Brown has a book with the title Desk 88. The 88 refers to the number on the desk that he has in the Senate. Still, maybe not the best title.

Maybe ponied in another thread, but…

11% believed Jews caused the Holocaust.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1306280073209589760

Kanye’s having another fun manic episode.

This does raise an interesting question - why is it that everyone my age knows all about the holocaust? We didn’t really get a ton of formal education about it in school. Probably most of us heard about it mostly because Nazis were bad guys in our consumed culture (cartoons, movies). For sure I learned about Nazis first in Captain America comics.

The people polled might be too young to have seen Schindler’s List.

Someone needs to make a Holocaust movie with the title The Six Million so people remember that number.