LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

This guy was a fav of mine as a kid - Joel Garner - 6’8"

My idiot GOP state senator sent out this survey. A bunch standard GOP questions about guns etc, and then this one at the end that I took the liberty of editing.

5 Likes

apologies if im ponied on this.

The south dakota attorney general apparently killed a guy saturday night while driving home from a “fundraiser” at a place called Rooster’s bar and grill, where the big event of the evening was a raffle to win a handgun with “TRUMP” written on it.

he called 911 after the accident and reported hitting a “deer” and then i guess drove home… the body of the pedestrian was found the next day… he ofcourse denies that he was drinking at the bar.

1 Like

holy shit

Yeah I couldn’t figure out which one of the various apocalypse sweat threads a Republican state AG committing probable vehicular homicide while drunk belongs in.

1 Like

the victim was apparently walking to or from his own truck which he had ran into a hay bale at some point? which just makes me wonder wtf is south dakota like…

It’s like North Dakota.

4 Likes

2020 was the year we found life on other planets, who’d have guessed?

https://mobile.twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1305551342547668998

uhhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/Ajzionts/status/1305540415957991427?s=20

your pony got hit by his car too apparently about 6 posts up

bah. there were like 150 unread posts, so I just grunched

1 Like

Astonishingly, all of these words are English words.

7 Likes

Thinly veiled I was out first ball admission?

I hit a homer on my first at bat. Then they put in the good pitcher with the game on the line and I struck out (after like 8 swings or w/e it took).

But anyway, well done on the boundary. I bet it felt quite sweet if you middled it.

No you didn’t, no one who’s not demented or wearing a helmet fields at silly mid off unless a kid is batting.

Cross burning with hot dogs on sticks.

1 Like

ITS A SECRET ANTIFA TRAINING PLANET THEYRE COMING TO GET YOU THEYRE STEALING YOUR JOBS THEYRE AFTER YOUR CHILDREN OBIDEN CANT SAVE YOU

5 Likes

Phosphine is PH3. That’s about as simple as a chemical gets. Venus’ atmosphere is all kinds of weird. Just because you need some kind of metabolic reaction to produce it at standard earth conditions doesn’t mean it can’t be produced in various ways in the highly energetic atmosphere of venus. I suspect the chemists will start to weigh in.

Also note, that methane, another simple chemical, is detectable on mars.
“Even with spacecraft on site, the mystery of phosphine might not be easily solved. Consider methane, another gas produced by tiny microbes on Earth. Over the years, rovers and other spacecraft on Mars have detected methane in the atmosphere. Methane molecules don’t survive long in Martian skies, thanks to the sun’s radiation and interaction with other gases. This has led some scientists to suggest the presence of methane-producing life-forms. But natural, boring interactions between rock and water can also produce the gas, and the spikes could be puffs of molecules, formed billions of years ago, rising through new cracks in the ground. Today, the methane on Mars remains a mystery.”

“Methane molecules don’t survive long in Martian skies, thanks to the sun’s radiation and interaction with other gases.” This may be true, but methane (CH4) is hardly an unstable compound and not all of mars is constantly exposed to sunlight and what is the concentration of “other gases” to which it is exposed in the martian atmosphere? Like is it exposed to nitrogen (N2)? Big deal, it won’t react.

From wiki, “The atmosphere of Mars is the layer of gases surrounding Mars. It is primarily composed of carbon dioxide (95.32%), molecular nitrogen (2.6%) and argon (1.9%).[2] It also contains trace levels of water vapor, oxygen, carbon monoxide, hydrogen and other noble gases.[2][4][1] The atmosphere of Mars is much thinner than Earth’s. The surface pressure is only about 610 pascals (0.088 psi) which is less than 1% of the Earth’s value.”