LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

I’ve had very little experience with the youtube algorithm as I don’t spend much time there.

But based on tonight, I gotta say it’s pretty good. I listened to the Spinners - Rubberband Man. Then the algorithm proceeded to pick a dozen badass soul songs in a row that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Scary to think of that kind of power applied to conspiracy theories.

I’ve got Djoko destroying me like 999/1000 even if I luck into returning his serve.

I mean djoko unless I deliver a hell of a shot to the opposite corner, he wins. I can see a scenario where I close my eyes and hit a single vs deGrom. I can’t come up with that scenario vs Djoko

Think id have a harder time hitting a good knuckle ball or curve than a straight fastball. At least in the low 90 per mile range. My next door neighbor when i was in high school could hit the high 80’s low 90’s without much movement and i could hit off him. Movement on a fastball changes things up though.

Serena would crush me…

Yeah straight fastballs get destroyed in MLB. It has to have movement.

“Lately”. That movie is 12 years old.

1 Like

Imagine a rock hard ball travelling and moving at that speed, also with mainly vertical movement at the batter after bouncing first. How great would that be to watch?

1 Like

I use it tons (prob 1-2 hrs/day) and agree. Their suggestions line up with my interests spot on, nothing but woodworking, engineering, car building, and billiards with a smidge of poker thrown in. I’d imagine if I had conspiracy tendencies it’d be loose change all the way down. Seems like that would really feed on itself.

One thing that should be clarified is what you mean by “hit” a 100mph fastball? Are we talking just make contact? Or put the ball in play? Or actually get a single? It’s obviously way easier to simply make contact or put the ball in play, you could do that fairly consistently by bunting. Getting a single or better, on the other hand, would be nearly impossible. I have like zero experience with tennis (I played baseball in HS) but I’d imagine it’s much more likely that you could put a baseball in play than returning a serve in play but I think it’s probably basically equally likely that you could get a single or better or win a point, which is to say they both approach zero.

I’ve often thought that the way to understand the mindset of the American conservative voter is to break bread with them and eat where they eat.

I assume you’re referring to cricket without clicking the link.

Proper 2 day test matches are boring. T20 is actually pretty interesting stuff

Against Djoko, you are just cheating to one side, sticking your racket out and hoping and praying. Might get lucky and hit a funky shot back that throws him off.

Applebee’s?

2 day? Try 5.

Two and a half times worse

Sunday brunch at Cracker Barrel.

1 Like

Thread needs more awesome songs and videos

5 Likes

I’ve tried to hit a cricket ball from a decent pitcher. It was indeed very hard. But also I refused to swing lightly or bunt (whatever you call it in cricket) like I should have.

I just saw it recently.

1 Like

Assuming you can’t bunt, making contact would be extremely hard. You’d be way late on every pitch.