LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

The challenge is making it stick through government changes. Our last liberal provincial government implemented a program like this, but the conservative government that replaced them cancelled it (can’t have handouts, ldo).

The scurvy episode of This Podcast Will Kill You is a great listen.

Sugar ray reborn.

https://twitter.com/RupertMyers/status/1296388400631644161

6 Likes

Another classic…

https://mobile.twitter.com/OOCBritain/status/1296449557673447424

I’m not that good with the English language so I’ll take a guess at Burnley/Brummy accent.

3 Likes

@skydiver8

1 Like

I like this one better

https://twitter.com/gayguycandleco/status/1295566360492363777?s=21

3 Likes

They were able to pay Ellen $50 mill before employees could get a few days off

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1296518511477395456?s=21

1 Like

https://twitter.com/spann/status/1296566155122016257

Sure, why not?

1 Like

I’ve got some relatives who will be collateral damage, but screw it, is there any chance this eats Florida entirely? I’ll take it.

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/750-million-genetically-engineered-mosquitoes-approved-for-release-in-florida-keys/ar-BB18a8a8

The setup for this sci-fi horror movie looks awesome. Oh wait

4 Likes

I get a lot of spam emails from my wordpress blog. This is definitely the most interesting one:

Subject: dating ukraine ladies

Message Body:
National organization for Women

Here are some suggestions for russian woman further improvements to your encyclopedia entry draft. I’ll stick to the sections you’ve already been developing, But remember that you still need to fill in the others beyond the ukraina dating required subpages.

principally, It’s important that you present information about NOW in your own words rather than lifting directly (and in many cases paraphrasing closely) From the business’ website. for example, Your intro section shouldn’t be as close as it currently is to this.

i would say the “reputation” Section seems to be similarly derived too from the NOW website’s history page, Though by jumping so abruptly into the Civil Rights Act, It doesn’t provide readers with enough historical context about feminism across the nation and doesn’t seem to discuss how the politics of civil rights actually led to NOW’s founding. It could possibly be a good idea to scrap what you have there and start over by explaining in your own words how NOW came about and how it’s developed since the mid 1960s.

The first paragraph of the “Current possible goals and activities” Section should be in paragraph form rather than list. once again, Your discussion of the company work should be in your own words, Not in the ones from NOW’s website.

Shamira Gelbman 18:03, 7 oct 2009 (UTC)

Second (peer) appraisal comments

The encyclopedia entry for (correct) is fairly complete. The advantages, History and objective sections have detailed and very beneficial material. You got into great depth of how the business started and became as strong and dominant as it is today. life style, You failed to give home elevators other sections such as Organization Structure, results, And Public conception and controversies. Achievements is an essential part to have because it really shows was the organization has done and what it has been recognized for throughout it’s time.

Your Intro section was very well written. You gave just the right information so that readers who have very little knowledge on the business can fully understand the information given. I did not need to know background or previous information in order to realise points you were trying to get out. It was very helpful that you added all of the discriminations it was trying to eliminate. instead of just saying that its main goal was to eliminate those, You listed all very important topics and issues that are occurring.

a history section overall is pretty well done, It could use would definitely be a detail maybe behind the Acts and Titles that you listed. governments background, They may not know what you were referring too. The way the EEOC was provided was very well done. The EEOC is important part of NOW but are there other groups or institutions that played a role in NOW’s formation or arguments? You could look into some further background to see if there were other role players. conjointly, Are significant laws, movies, Or chapters that NOW defended or helped to take to congress? Those are some other type of questions that I had from reading it. I think you may want to add more to the history since it is such a big and well known organization, There is probably a lot additional that may answer those questions.

in the current Objectives and Activities section, You give two very big examples of programs or issues they are advocating but they need some more detail like what are they doing to prove this? Do they hold seminars or events that support habits? These are great programs but going into more detail about how they are actively supporting these and getting the word out there will only add to crucial or special these programs are.

all around, I think your entry is to a good beginning. There are a few topics that don’t have any information that need to be updated but other than that you have some very good details about NOW. I honestly did not know much about this organization other than obvious issues they support but I am up to date now. I am interested though to see what they actually to express their ideas of all the issues you stated in the essay. Adding little details will only make it better and going into more depth with make your entry complete.

Public insight and controversies cleanup

As part of my plan to undergo all the POL 214 Eduzendium articles, I purged this one up today. I rewrote the PP region. I rewrote it into hopefully clear prose although I would like someone informed about the current status of the David Letterman issue to check it out I used the magic “allegation” word here, As I’d rather lean on the side of caution. If the Letterman circumstance warrants a stronger word, I do hope someone will step in and fix that.

in any event, ‘controversies’ appears to be to suggest controversies regarding NOW, Rather than controversies they may have commented on that sort of material should really be put in a section regarding their political opinions or activities. A point of comparison might be something like the Church of Scientology where the controversies are these activities, Beliefs and opinions of the group or charity (Or their basic ideology) as an alternative of things they have criticised others for. best wishes, Eduzendians for your hard work. dan Morris 11:48, 31 December 2009 (UTC).

1 Like

Although Naomi H and Hickam’s conversation was deleted, Hickam later revealed that Naomi H lost her internship in a blog post that has since been deleted, but was previously obtained by Buzzfeed News.

“This I had nothing to do with nor could I since I do not hire and fire at the agency or have any say on employment whatsoever,” Hickam explained on his blog.

“As it turned out, it was due to the NASA hashtag her friends used that called the agency’s attention to it long after my comments were gone,” Hickam said in reference to Naomi’s friends who slammed him on Twitter following their exchange.

Since the incident, Hickam said he and Naomi H spoke privately about her future with NASA.

“She reached out to me with an unnecessary apology which I heartily accepted and returned with my own,” Hickam wrote. “After talking to her, I am certain she deserves a position in the aerospace industry and I’m doing all I can to secure her one that will be better than she lost.”

Hickam concluded, “I have also talked to the folks that had to do with her internship and made absolutely certain there will be no black mark on her record.”

Hickam declined to comment further when contacted by PEOPLE.

Naomi H’s changed her Twitter profile to private.

How dumb do you have to be to think suck my dick and balls I’m working at NASA is a good idea to tweet? Based on judgement alone I wouldn’t want to hire this person.

1 Like

Suzzer is a cop

1 Like

Suggest editing the post to remove links to avoid any SEO boost for those spam sites.

Edit: Okay, nevermind, site software puts nofollow on them so I guess it doesn’t matter.

nofollow is only through Trust Level 2. TL3 doesn’t have it added to links.

suzzer is apparently stuck at 2 because The Man (and his algorithms) are keeping him down.

I mean, come on, who on Earth is getting offended by that, it wasn’t even directed at anyone.

3 Likes

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I thought I remembered that the nofollow was for TL2, but I posted because I figured the Sizla would be TL3 easy. Then I looked at the code and saw it in there, but figured I must have misremembered the TL part.

That’s a really weird looking name.

Obviously Japanese, but that “wh” combination is very odd for that language, right?

Wikipedia article is titled Fujiwara, but it lists the alternate spelling