LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

way back in the dark ages I remember when this song faced the same type of “controversy”

It’s really shocking to our puritan sensibilities when women lay claim to their sexuality, I guess.

Then they doubled down and said fuck the haters with

3 Likes
1 Like

Counterpoint:

1 Like

Chuck Berry’s only #1 song

17 Likes

lol this is so true. I still distinctly recall when I realized what Madonna’s “Papa Don’t Preach” was really about, and it was long after I had first heard it.

Same for Michael Jackson’s stanza in We are the World.

1 Like

The weirdest thing to me is the right objecting to a song containing the lyrics “I’m keeping my baby” lol.

But more generally yeah, same old same old.

2 Likes

My father was a minister and my parents basically banned my older sister from owning certain albums including Madonna. Of course on occasion it came on the radio, she’d lock her door and crank the volume to 11. She was a rebel, and my hero back then.

2 Likes
2 Likes

hehe

https://twitter.com/ScribblnTaylor/status/1294446066310340608?s=20

3 Likes

I want to know what “it’s got a hook” and “it’s got a lean” mean wrt to male genitalia. Like they want to curve down at the end?

Also it’s funny/interesting how many rap songs mention credit or credit rating. Obviously that’s some kind of big thing to at least make fun of, but shows it’s on their minds a lot.

Like Nelly knew he’d made it when he’s running credit checks with no shame.

Not a garter snake, I need a king cobra
With a hook in it, hope it lean over

If it don’t hang, then he can’t bang

I guess the second could just mean it’s big. But I bet the hook part means something else.

Also A+ lines:

Swipe your nose like a credit card

I don’t cook, I don’t clean
But let me tell you how I got this ring ( Ayy, ayy )

I let him taste it, now he diabetic

I spit on his mic and now he tryna sign me

She wants a Prince Albert.

Lean over though?

I don’t know chap, I haven’t even listened to it yet.

1 Like

In my experience with, um, penile substitutes, a slight curve is better for hitting the g spot

What sort of curve? Lateral or vertical? lol

I assume they both mean she prefers a penis with a marked upward curve.