LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Unfortunately that is very possible. Its hard to go up stairs without loading your knee. Having said that, if you find yourself experiencing knee pain from stairs you can take some strain off the quad/knee by leaning forward and hinging at the hip as you’re going up the stairs. This will load the hip/glute instead if knee/quad.

1 Like

From the way they described it I assume it is, but I’m not entirely sure. Neither (knee-ther?) of my parents has had knee issues–my dad has done a few marathons and runs quite frequently at ~60, while I can’t run 2 miles without pain at ~30.

The doc described it as my patella not quite tracking right and rubbing down some cartilage. I assume there are some genetics involved in the dimensions of one’s knees, but I also assume there could be muscular imbalances at play as well. Sorry I can’t be more helpful–I wish I knew what the hell was up so that I could solve it myself.

Bottom line, I guess, is that an that an MRI was helpful to diagnose the issue but after that… shrug. If I wasn’t on a high-deductible plan I’d go back in to get it looked at, but I just don’t feel like shelling out that kind of money for some guy to tell me I’m fucked.

1 Like

Oh this is a good idea.

IANAD but sounds like grade I/II MCL sprain?

Sure is possible. Seems that it more or less needs rest.

Probably stick with the more casual badminton club once I’m good as new. Less physically demanding with a friendlier vibe.

I tore my ACL decades ago and started playing tennis years after with no problems. Just had to learn how far I could push it.

You don’t say.

It’s

1 Like

Maybe a genderless space alien has come into the stage of life when it gets a lot of knee pain.

Reminds me of the time I had to walk home about a mile in distance around age 12 when I attempted the big ramp on my bike and fluffed the landing, mum took me to the hospital and as the doctor said “It looks fine” and mum pulled up my other trouser leg for comparison as she was like “What” “Look” and he whisked me away to surgery.

Skinny legs and knees ftw. :rofl:

My curse is thick quads and skinny calves.

Its fixed

1 Like

Who knew a post by me would inspire a thread title?

You mean whisked you away to surgery after checking with your insurance, right?

It’s NHS, not America.

Insurance? Lol No… We pay national insurance all our life’s for instances & emergency like this, alough I know you know that. :love_you_gesture:

I needed fluid drained or something like that + I had damaged my tissues as my leg was wedged between the pedals and bike frame after I landed. :grin:

Even got free crutches and unfortunately to this day it kept me from being a footballer, sad.

From the comments this appears to be 10 months old:

https://twitter.com/PDog119/status/1283359233866637314

Looks like the Redskins are going to be called the DC Sentinels, as the same company which manages redskins.com registered the domain dcsentinels.com on July 15.

DogStartled

I can’t stop watching this.

2 Likes

Argh!

Well uploading it seems to work. Funny by blocking the imgur link, they caused me to use more of their bandwidth to have them host it.