LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

It could be that the BTC Scam was the distraction and they had other purposes for the hack. I mean, whoever it was had administrative access for quite a while: personal email addresses, phone numbers, user stats, DMs, all sorts of stuff

I wonder what the DMs of some of those Blue Checks have hiding in them…

1 Like

I could imagine a lot of overlap between people who have bitcoin and people who buy into the cults of personality. Think, “I trust Musk 100%, this must be real!”

I tend to think it’s other scammers using fake credit cards tying there luck too…

https://mobile.twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1283607183545032704

One of my good buddies is a crypto guy and he loves musk, I’ve talked him down from musk a little bit he’s still huge into crypto (prob has over $100k in crypto). He swears it’s the thing of the future lol. Only utility I’ve ever had for it is buying drugs online. Although I do wish I had held onto my bitcoin when I got it at $2/coin lol but I would’ve sold it well before it reached anywhere near today’s levels

1 Like

Who knows if bitcoin is a thing of the future but surely there is zero doubt cryptocurrency and blockchain will play a huge role in many ways going forward.

Yeah, they definitely have utility. I just think crypto’s main opponent to being widely used are governments so I’m not very bullish on it

All this crypto crap has been around for quite awhile now. How much longer do we have to wait for the future to show up?

Biden’s elite social media game gonna lock up that millennial vote.

While crypto is still fringe blockchain is being used in a wide range of applications.

1 Like

Just to be safe. Otherwise there might not be enough money to trickle down to us.

Such as?

The article is 3 years old and none of those things are happening.

We’ve all been hearing (and repeating) the same vague assertions about the potential for cryptocurrencies and blockchains for damn a near a decade. There still isn’t one single application people can point to where it’s useful other than as a currency for illegal activity.

The emperor - he’s naked.

I’m not an expert on it but all the tech literature I follow takes it very seriously. Maybe it’s a kind of vapourware but it doesn’t seem to have that reputation.

A recent episode of Econ talk was about a company using blockchain to establish property rights in virtual worlds like League of Legends and World of Warcraft.

As I understand it, Blockchain doesn’t do anything that we don’t already have. The encryption is the same modern encryption techniques that power most high-security tech. Using public ledgers for more transparency is something we already had the capability to do, if people and governments cared about it.

It’s always been marketing attached to the coins.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

https://www.fox19.com/2020/07/15/woman-wants-half-starbucks-baristas-k-gofundme/?fbclid=IwAR2i8-RtmwF8q_aF76wP3s0uf91LGMrYVdZ7MPCA0fCy6tD4CIDFTNWM4Pk

4 Likes

“Gilles says she also has a handwritten note from a chiropractor that says she has “underlying health conditions that prevent her from wearing a mask.””

TIL chiropractors are experts in respiratory health.

2 Likes

Chiropractors are pretty much all BS anyway, right? Like you feel good for a little while afterwards but it doesn’t really do anything?

Unless they do the neck adjustment and you turn into a vegetable. That definitely gets results.

8 Likes

Yes. It’s pseudoscience.

4 Likes