LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Seriously impressive.

Probably true, since awful people seem to live forever.

First thing I’d do is look and see what the pros use. There is probably a badminton forum. Jman is probably a reg there.

5 Likes

Ur doing it wrong. What would you consider too spendy for tea?

Off the top of my head, Art of Tea is in LA (like 99% sure) and has amazing stuff. Dunno if they have a store front. Might even be your neighbor.

I am quite content with a half step up from the bulk box of Lipton. Twinings Irish Breakfast and Stash Earl Grey do me fine. Both are very affordable and widely available.

eta: I do insist that anything called tea contain primarily tea. Twigs and berries aren’t tea.

2 Likes

Always nice to be able to report something my mother shared and have it actually be removed.

Hopefully I do this often enough and she stops using Facebook thinking that it’s them that’s deleting content from her feed.

6 Likes

I’ve been following Chuck and Buzz Aldrin on Twitter for a while now.

I didn’t know they were married.

3 Likes

I had the same issue last year - tons of reviews, not sure what to believe. I bought 2 sets of these last year. We’ve played a ton and the rackets/strings have held up but the grips were horrendous and needed to be re-done. It looks like on the reviews that is a common thing. Overall, it’s probably an OK purchase but if I were buying again I guess I’d try a brand other than Senston

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJZMYDL

These are the shuttlecocks I bought, and they’ve been great.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UFXAN0E

Thank you. That’s exactly the kind of insight I’m looking for.

When you say the grips needed to be redone…to what extent? Can I just use the tape that I wrap tennis rackets with or was it more involved than that?

Ever wonder how Astroglide was invented?

1 Like

I don’t think I will be able to sleep tonight knowing De Niro is only making 7.5 million this year.

4 Likes

My mom is watching some show called “the wall”. You answer questions to win ball drops which randomly hit prize amounts. I’m convinced the optimum strategy is to increase the variance as much a possible by always going big in every drop.

Anyone watch? Agree or disagree?

Same thing is attempted in Israel. Turkey has already undergone the full process.

1 Like

If you make 7.5 million per year but you owe other people 10 million per year then it doesn’t seem so good.

My heart is going out

It’s not a sympathy thing, it’s a life lesson thing. Lots of folks are fucking up like De Niro but in a smaller scale.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1282855879067525120

It’s interesting that Tucker is getting blowback over this thing with his head writer (assuming). I spent some time on that site. It’s literally just everything Tucker says on his show, minus the N-bombs and replace the race/IQ stuff with euphemisms/dog-whistles/implied-wink-nod-stuff in just the right places.

Like is there anyone at Fox who isn’t in on the joke, or does anyone else outside Fox not think Tucker’s head writer would hang out on a site like that? Was anyone screaming “ZOMG this is an outrage! We had no idea a key contributor to Tucker’s show would hold such beliefs! Fire Tucker now!”?

Not that I’m aware of. It was more like - lol yeah of course. Can’t believe the idiot left so many clues and got caught. Writer fired, live moves on.

I guess Tucker just brought embarrassment down on the family, and must be punished for it. Send a message to Hannity et al to police your writers better or somethig.

Tennis racket tape would be good. I basically used hockey tape and it’s fine.

1 Like