LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

To be fair, it’s open and I’m not going. Did barbells this morning. Am looking more like an offensive lineman than triathlete, but feeling reasonably strong.

Also, i think your data is from the 70s.

So I finally bit the bullet and paid for LATimes. WTF kind of dogshit newspaper website is this?

Edit: Ok for some reason my mac-pro 13" gets like shitty tablet view. I have to zoom out one to get the normal view.

About 6 months ago we lost hot water in our shower. I’m not about to mess with home projects water related so we called a local plumber. When he first looked at the shower he said “you know you have the Cadillac of showers, right?”. He meant Lexus but he didn’t know.

Apparently we have a Grohe shower setup. I had no idea when buying our house years ago it was any more high quality than any other but I will say the pressure on it is the best I’ve ever experienced anywhere before. Would definitely recommend something from them.

1 Like

Grohe is really more the Infiniti of showers imo.

Read this thread. You’ll be glad you did.

https://twitter.com/ashcanpress/status/1278063982767738882?s=21

17 Likes

Holy that was so awesome! Read this. Seriously.

Still worth the price of admission imo, but it’s a steep increase and not sure yet where I draw the line monetarily.

I second this. I read it and was laughing so hard that my wife asked me why I was laughing, so I read it to her and we were both dying. Also brought some good tears to our eyes.

Australia is increasing defence spending by 40% over the next 10 years. The increase is driven largely by concern around China’s increasing muscle-flexing in the region. I would guess that there’s also worry that the United States is not as dependable an ally as it has been in the past.

That was brilliant to read, thanks.

That was great, and I have to agree stroganoff was funnier.

2 Likes

Go with the appropriate nation of origin please: Volkswagen of showers, ldo!

The pandemic has caused a shortage of coins. I try to pay in cash as much as possible because of it’s a pain to deposit poker winnings into the bank, so I’m used to making an effort to pay with exact change.

Has anyone experienced a business that was affected by this shortage?

https://mobile.twitter.com/travisakers/status/1278110519967264769

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1278317869693108225

1 Like

Is it mostly naval spending? Even if Australia doubles its navy it’s still going to have to rely on USA#1 and Great Britain if it gets in a fight with China. Although that’s kind of hard to imagine, China really just seems to want to build up a regional navy that makes it impossible for the US to project power into a few hundred miles around China. And maybe invade Taiwan if they’re feeling frisky. What kind of relationship does Australia have with Taiwan?

I really hope we take this opportunity to end the penny at the very least, and quite possibly the nickel too while we’re at it.

4 Likes

How the hell is this a thing? Do you know even one person who subs to Yootoobz Teevee?

Trolly?

1 Like

Its live TV, great for football, last couple of years i have subscribed to it just football season and then turn it back off again.