LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

https://twitter.com/ethanbrown72/status/1275179580849098752?s=21

Is there a prison thread? Prison guard beats handcuffed prisoner to death.

1 Like

No need to play into the old “all gay sea sponges are into fireworks” trope.

1 Like

What if Target has it’s own private police forces authorized to conduct summary executions of shoplifters? If they abuse their power people will just choose not to shop there! Done and done!

2 Likes

Bolton shat all over Czech PM Andrej Babiš in his book regarding the NATO defense commitment

Bolton clearly didn’t know who the Czech PM was, hence the lack of a name.

We were aware of the shakedown but Bolton’s still proving to be a piece of shit. Even though this book hurts Trump, Bolton fundamentally agrees with everything he does but not how he does it.

Part of Babiš’s response:

The fact that every head of a NATO member wanted to sit at a round table to meet Trump says exactly how dense he is.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronKatersky/status/1275439664636149764

Everyone here except @simplicitus will be happy about this, but the slatestarcodex blog has been deleted because the NYT is intending to out the author’s real name for no discernible reason, despite his professed concern for his personal safety and his medical practice.

https://twitter.com/felixsalmon/status/1275408193510875141

I’m a little conflicted about this. Obviously people don’t have a right to anonymity for their actions and writing, but it is troubling that newspapers are so nakedly transactional about it. If you are a powerful official and you’re willing to give them info or a quote, you’re treated like Deep Throat, even if you’re lying or openly advancing your own political interests. But for regular people who have nothing to offer, the analysis seems to be GFY.

3 Likes

I don’t see any reason for NYT to doxx him. He’s not a source, right? He’s not accused of any wrong doing? His name is not news.

1 Like

Wait, what did the aspiestar codex guy do to piss off the NYT?

According to him it was letting the NYT interview him.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200623140942/https://slatestarcodex.com/

I don’t see anonymous quotes from a political figure as comparable at all. A source can choose the conditions for giving information and deciding what goes on the record, but shouldn’t be able to suppress information learned through other channels.

It’s not really the same. The NYT seems to just be doing this because they’re dicks.

A question? For our renowned posters regarding the Iran embargo…

Is money allowed between the countrys atm, wrt an Iranian Non profit buying literature from the headquarters in the USA a crime, is the committees in the USA breaking laws by receiving this money and sending literature?

@pyatnitski @simplicitus @anyone who can advise :grimacing:

I am in no way an expert, but I think it would be considered not allowed. No idea what enforcement is like, though.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/faqs/Sanctions/Pages/faq_iran.aspx#630

1. Is the provision or delivery of goods or services to an Iranian counterparty after November 4, 2018 allowed?

The wind-down period has ended and the United States intends to fully enforce the sanctions that have come back into effect. The provision or delivery of goods or services and/or the extension of additional loans or credits to an Iranian counterparty after November 4, 2018 — even pursuant to written contracts or written agreements entered into prior to May 8, 2018 — may result in the imposition of U.S. sanctions unless such activities are exempt from regulation, authorized by OFAC, or otherwise not sanctionable.

The United States maintains authorizations and exceptions under U.S. sanctions that allow for the sale of agricultural commodities, food, medicine, and medical devices to Iran by U.S. persons and non-U.S. persons.

1 Like

Tyvm for this @pyatnitski :+1:

1 Like

Don’t we have someone living there?

Peeked into chiefsplanet today and boy they really have gone full super sayan racist over there.

Something I’ve always wondered about that site is whether or not the Chiefs organization is aware of it and of all the racist garbage spewed there in the name of the Chiefs.

lol you made me take a look, first thread i checked should tell you all you need to know:

What all of this is actually doing to so many white americans

Some excerpts, all in the first 5-6 posts of what looks to be a long thread. JFC

I think now we are going in the opposite direction, I don’t think the majority of white America would say this as what I said earlier but I think its almost making people shift back into a more segregated way of thinking. Its making whites feel like we are shit and should be shit. Its making us feel like, fuc$ them… And that makes me sad.

I’ve seen race relations improve immensely in my lifetime, and in just a few short years I’m watching it all be undone. Makes me wonder if some feared that with relations getting better, they would be left with no one to blame for their problems but themselves, so they decided to fan the flames of racism in order to prevent that very thing from happening.

And we haven’t really been evolving as a society, as much as we’ve been in societal decline for decades.

Since LBJ’s not so “great society” we’ve thrown everything at the problem and it keeps getting worse because no on has the balls to say what the problem is: Genetics.

he inserted a link to the bell curve book here lmao

Homo Erectus came out of Africa; Neanderthals out of Europe; Cro Mags from Asia, and up north in Hyperborea came the Homo Sapiens— the Aryans.

We are all interbred now, but for the most part our racial DNA dominates.

We are simply not the same species. There are discernable differences, particularly in intelligence, comprehension and long term planning.

Homo Erectus can’t see two or three steps down the line on any one decision. They act on impulse, they do not comprehend delayed gratification.

same dude with the race theories legit copy and pasted an article from an online white supremacist publication, cool cool.