LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Goddamit @Tilted get back in here and tell us what it was and how it tasted. I need closure.

“Honeycomb Toast - Ricotta, Poached Nectarines, Honeycomb Bits, Country Toast”

It actually tasted alright. But I refuse to ever pay $14 for an abomination like this. ITS A SINGLE PIECE OF TOAST FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Goddam how did we hit orange, peach and apricot and still not get nectarine? Country toast probably has some rye in it with other hipster BS. Ricotta is probably burrata. Honeycomb bits I did not see coming.

If you fold it over you can call it a fancy grilled cheese sandwich.

2 Likes

Hopefully not from this place:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1306300073773600773

https://twitter.com/KrelchScranton2/status/1306303211905585152

2 Likes

$14?!?! I make something like this at home every day for a fraction of the price. Probably tastes better and the savings helped me pay off my student loans and buy a house in only a few months.

20 Likes

@BestOf

3 Likes

Good on ya for supporting a local CSA, I’m thinking of trying to set one up here.

Looks like rocket (arugula?) flowers to me.

A nectarine is just a pretentious peach.

Can’t shittalk Czech neighbors. Or at least mine.

Dude came by, grabbed his saw, drilled a hole in the wall of the contraption and grabbed the phone. Guy is a legend. Landlord approved the procedure. So he ain’t gonna shit on me for it. Also he’s a good guy by landlord standards.

Kinda weird to hammer away at 9 PM but I ain’t complaining. I’m drunk. If I didn’t people coming over, I’d be smoking a joint instead. CBD is the shit.

8 Likes

Brilliant :ok_hand:

My Czech friend is going back this week to visit parents and stuff for 2 weeks, I had to stock up on his magic homemade vape juice tonight. :lemon::pineapple:

2 Likes

My colleague asks me to get Spam when I go back to America.

People are weird.

2 Likes

Vik is brilliant, he’s 7 years clean from the illegal highs and loves life nowadays, has his house all kitted out in gaming chairs & plays online at night, he taking Angus beef over for his parents and some other stuff from here.

1 Like

So Kanye literally tweeted himself pissing and it’s barely even trending.

Spam is a funny food. As a standalone product its a little gross. But as an ingredient it is surprisingly effective. It’s certainly an unhealthy choice though, super processed.

Last time I took so much back that my baggage exceeded the weight limit. Had to chuck a few out to make it on the flight.

1 Like

Poached nectarines 100% = canned or jarred nectarines.
Ripoff place.

2 Likes

I like food derails.
Spam is awesome. Regular Spam is way salty tho; I prefer the low sodium version (still v salty). Fried in slices obv.

2 Likes

I’m actually listening to a book that’s tangentially related to this. It’s about how a few Russian geneticists tamed foxes during the Cold War through a semi-secret research program. It’s called How to Tame a Fox (and build a dog).

3 Likes