LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

jesus, this didn’t even cross my mind but you’re totally right.

Na, it’s just that the world is too complex and difficult to understand and they don’t like uncertainty or facts that damage their egos or contradict their emotional reactions and their need to be a hero (kids in cages vs wayfair or abortion). They thus construct an alternative reality with conspiracies that link scattered “facts” together. It is particularly bad in the current US because there is a self-contained BS media ecosystem that caters especially to them, while also arguing that mainstrem media is fake. Religion is a common co-factor because its an invitation to an alternate reality. Such anti-fact anti-rationalist views are common, even standard, all over the world and also appear to a lesser extent on the left in the US (sometimes even on this site)

2 Likes

What is the proper way to tell an upstairs neighbor that their little children are fucking demon elephants and need to calm the fuck down and stop stomping on my goddamn ceiling

Dear FBI: I’m using fucking as an adjective here

2 Likes

Bang the ceiling with a broom. It’s a classic sitcom bit.

Coober Pedy TR part 1 is up.

2 Likes

This one is a doozy.

1 Like

Tell them you are reasonable and will only kill one child per day until the remaining children learn to be quiet.

1 Like

The vast majority of massage therapists are totally legit. Like 99%. I’ve had hundreds of massages in my life. I’m a bit of an addict. I’ve had them in like 10 countries. I’ve never been offered a happy ending.

It’s pretty easy to tell a legit place from a sex work shop.

I should add I’m speaking mostly of Canada of course.

what are some tips for avoiding the legit places?

13 Likes

Easy. Look for a place open after 8 and with a neon sign. You are guaranteed a happy ending.

1 Like

Clovis is onto something here. Places I’ve been offered “extras”:

[ ] massage parlor
[x] a strip club
[x] a Red Lobster

If you’ve never had a melted-butter handy, you’re missing out.

1 Like

Lol I’ve been offered extras in a strip club like 50 times at least.

Everyone has but we’re gonna have to see another category.

Massage therapist? Yes.

Masseuse, on the other hand, is a different story.

I’ve never paid for a massage. How unusual is that?

Not at all for guys. I’ve tried to convince some of my guy friends of their virtue for years to no avail.

Salted or no? I’m never sure which one to get.

well ya you’re not paying for the massage part.

never? i’d say pretty unusual unless you’re an exceptionally manly construction worker who doesn’t like people touching you.

i had a massage envy subscription for two years. was super enjoyable and got pretty good deals for my packages so it didn’t even seem that expensive.