LC thoughts for intellectual elites

That is a GOAT vid. Those were the years I couldn’t get enough of Steve Vai, too. Fire Garden is a work of art.

Have you heard the Mike Keneally piano reductions of Steve Vai’s songs?

The opener gives you an instant sense of the album.

And then this one blows open how a piano arrangement can be just as epic as a Steve Vai guitar solo.

1 Like

I think I did happen upon those, didn’t a female pianist collab on them os?

1 Like

I did not know that if so!

1 Like

you ever see that surreal documentary on the court case, wherein Priest were on trial for subliminal messages that led 2 kids to shoot themselves?

life is stranger than fiction

Halford is on the stand at one point humming the melody or singing a lyric lol

1 Like
2 Likes

Have not. That sounds so sad.

2 Likes

It is. One of the teens survives, and is mangled beyond what’s human with patchy skin grafts and ick

1 Like

Rosicky is the Goat name. The touch he makes prior to the shot is almost as good(slo-mo replay)… little perfectly-weighted flick to get the desired separation from the ball. Genius

let us take this opportunity to lol our country.

2 Likes

If anybody is looking for any last-second gift ideas for me errrrr

I want a Tomas Rosicky jersey.

3 Likes

memorial day, followed immediately by lol our country day

2 Likes

This is immense… a total trip baked to the gills

Petrucci at the very start of Under A Glass Moon??! Feelin’ it imo

1 Like

Those were the days. Dream Theater had reformed with Labrie taking over singing duties for Charlie and wtf, their first album together creates a music video hit with “Pull Me Under.”

It’s the last time they’ll see commercial success of that level for twenty years lol, but then they did eventually win a Grammy!

This is my favorite DT performance from an acoustic set included on Once in a Lifetime.

2 Likes

Goddamn, I went through a prog metal phase in grad school. I’m not entirely proud of that. But whatever, Train of Thought is a sick fucking album on every level.

Also, who remembers Symphony X and Nevermore?

2 Likes
2 Likes

just started this… the 1st 10 minutes have me sucked-in.

“Legend is historical, just as history is legendary.” - Alexandre Grandazzi

2 Likes