LC thoughts for intellectual elites

Hmm, that didn’t really work.

Did they even explain how the incredible hulk’s pants worked?

I swear there’s a scene Ed Norton’s 2008 Hulk where Bruce and Betty escape to a hotel room and make a half-second joke about him needing to wear stretchy purple sweatpants in case he turns into the Hulk again.

Can’t find the scene though in clips :/

AITA?!

A few weeks ago was my birthday.
My partner (who I am quarantining separately from) tells me:

“I’ve sent your present in the mail. It should come tomorrow, three days before your birthday. But don’t open it yet!!”
The next day nothing comes. I tell them nothing showed up, they say:
“That’s weird. Oh well. Probably just late. We’ll see what happens.”

The day before my birthday I say nothing has arrived, they check online and say “oops looks like it’s not going to come until the day after your birthday, sorry.”

I laugh and say “no problem.”

Bday comes and goes.

The day after my bday a package shows up. I open it up and am tickled pink.

I call my partner and tell them I got the package and opened it!

They are angry at me for not “opening it with them on zoom.” and “told me not to open it yet.”

I assumed I wasn’t supposed to open it before my birthday but that any time after was fair game.

You are not wrong but should apologize anyway.

7 Likes

Eh, that probably just means we’d have killed ourselves off by now.

Goat

I think that’s Marcelo Balboa on the color analysis. He’s fired up! ‘That is an absolute phenomenal goal!’

1 Like

20 You / 80 Partner

I think I could turn and live with animals, they
are so placid and self-contain’d,
I stand and look at them long and long.

Walt Whitman

you seen the movie ‘With Honors’ ?

It’s pretty good, cute actress I dunno if I’ve seen elsewhere, Joe Pesci and Brendan Fraser.

They read some Whitman stuff, and it’s sooooo good.

He has a great speech on the gubmint, too

Moira Kelly was something

1 Like

That end scene at the cemetery, wherein Fraser’s character reads what Pesci’s character had prepared for the occasion… so good. I cry every time :slight_smile: :heart:

1 Like
3 Likes

2 Likes

I haven’t. Trailer looks interesting.

1 Like

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: there must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” – Frank Wilhoit

1 Like

That’s deep.

obi1jabroni