Kinetic Wrist Sculptures

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2KoTQNrCZ0/

1 Like

3 Likes

Finally took this watch in to the Rolex service place in Toronto.

16233 Rolex Oyster Datejust

Complete overhaul - clean bracelet, refinish bracelet - $950 (CAD)
Replace fitting - $440
Clean Case, Replace Crown - $145
Replacement dial and hands from new generation - $610.50

That’s all mandatory - total $2145.50 + tax = $2424.42 (CAD) ($1750 USD)

Optional replace crystal and case back (it had an engraving) - $333.35 - which I said yes to since I would have to pay extra labour charges if I got those done later.

Holy crap. It is what it is though, I guess. The parts aren’t that expensive, it’s the labour. And, first time it’s been serviced in it’s 30 years. 4 to 6 weeks to get back. Eh.

1 Like

excited to see how it turns out

They won’t service it without doing the cosmetic stuff? I had my seamaster serviced by an AD recently and specifically asked for no cosmetic polishing/refinishing etc. that was $700 and took about 5-6 weeks.

They will service it without the cosmetic stuff, yes. Looks like the servicing/overhaul is 950.00 … which is kind of what I had seen. It’s the necessary replacement parts that are like 1000. Fitting - 440, crown - 145, replacement dial and hands - 610. So, I guess not really accurate when I suggested it was mostly labour charges.

Ok, I wasn’t sure what you meant by mandatory

Guy next to me on this flight wearing Apple Watch on left hand and two-tone Daytona (recent vintage, new style clasp) on right wrist. Feels backwards iyam

1 Like

Maybe he’s a lefty?

3 Likes

“I don’t have a car. Didn’t you like shoot somebody or something?”

3 Likes

sure I see it, I see the scant lume and lackluster cyclops so don’t even need to know that there weren’t any yellow gold T-Made Swiss editions with tritium since dick nixon which is to say blake you got fucking fleeced and in reality it’s worth exactly the same as my car

4 Likes

“Some people have more dollars than sense.”

A Mickey Mouse watch is worth more than my car

2 Likes

I have a soul

3 Likes

Which should I get

2 Likes

The answer is both

2 Likes

I need a price check on whatever this is

Looks like a Richard Mille. Six figures if real