Joe Rogan

lol a few people on this forum might believe that

If your criticism of Rogan is that heā€™s insufficiently devoted to Joe Biden then, sure, thatā€™s true. I guess itā€™s no coincidence that Victor and I donā€™t find that troubling, since I share Roganā€™s sentiment and I suspect Victor does as well.

Again, if you think that Joe Rogan thinks that identity politics and wokeness is mostly performative bullshit then thatā€™s fair. And again, I think heā€™s right.

Yeah itā€™s from February and from a quick google the CDC didnā€™t start recommending cloth masks till early April. Itā€™s just weird to be mad at what rogan said about masks around that time when a large portion of people didnā€™t think wearing a mask was useful at the time. There are other things that are better used to criticize rogan on but the mask thing seems more of a failure in our society and the entities/orgs we put trust in, I donā€™t think the mask thing by rogan was done out of malicious intent and it was the main view of most Americans at the time

I donā€™t think platforming Alex Jones twice a year was done out of malicious intent either, but Rogan does it because heā€™s a deplorable piece of shit with terrible judgement. Heā€™s your standard Libertarian bro who wants to decriminalize drugs and hunt shit with his guns. Because heā€™s a MAN

2 Likes

Weā€™re getting into the weeds here but I think the surgeon general and Fauci both admitted that the ā€œno maskā€ rhetoric early on was BS and they knew it was BS because they knew they had a severe PPE shortage which was going to be made much worse had they not said that. I donā€™t think it excuses it and itā€™s a firing offense as far as Iā€™m concerned, but itā€™s an issue that has been addressed (even though it continues to be used in bad faith by anti mask truthers even now).

3 Likes

Very cool!

2 Likes

Also how are people feeling about those Lincoln Project fellows, good eggs all around I hope and trust.

5 Likes

Rogan = South Park

The right is awful on everything of importance but the left wants me to feel bad for loving the word ā€œfaggotā€, so like, why bother?

A standard libertarian bro who supports medicare for all and Bernie? Huh.

1 Like

On a scale of (1) unstuck to (10) Fox News, Rogan is like a 4. NY Times is a 5, Facebook is a 9.

Rogan is nowhere near the biggest problem out there.

Thatā€™s fucking absurd.

3 Likes

Correct his ratings.

Thatā€™s not my main criticism, I was conceding to you that if he says heā€™s not voting for the President, then itā€™s blatantly false to say that he is.

I donā€™t get the sense though that Rogan is ā€œinsufficiently devotedā€ to Biden because Biden isnā€™t left enough. Heā€™s doing Fox News hits on his senility and Hunter Hunter Hunter.

My main criticism is that people who think identity politics is inherently stupid or worth sacrificing for more important political priorities are flirting with Rogan without understanding that heā€™s a reactionary idiot, and not remotely a budding social democrat.

1 Like

Rogan is a potential future problem. Heā€™s like pre-9/11 Dennis Miller and I think it is likely that some event will trigger him into becoming more like current Dennis Miller. I could see him becoming a full-on deplorable if court-packing leads to overturning DC vs Heller, for example.

1 Like
2 Likes

None of that had anywhere near the effect on our country that the NY Timesā€™s repeated bothsidesisms has had. Itā€™s also the paper of record. Joe Rogan is Joe Rogan and even his most ardent supporters know a lot of it is BS.

3 Likes

Becoming like culturally-irrelevant-for-the-past-two-decades Dennis Miller? Terrifying!

1 Like

ā€œSupportsā€ doing a lot of work for you there. He ā€œsupportedā€ Bernie because he thought he was an honest politician who has had the same views for decades. His ā€œsupportā€ of M4A doesnā€™t appear to be anywhere near the top dozen or so things he gives a shit about. If he did, heā€™s stop platforming RWNJ after RWNJ

Things Joe cares about more than M4A
Mushrooms
DMT
MMA
Saunas
The Moon Landing
DMT
Hunting your own meat
The Comedy Store
DMT

3 Likes