ITV: Impeachment Television

https://twitter.com/MarshaBlackburn/status/1197875810256007170

Marsha Blackburn is among the most extreme examples of what substantially all GOP congress critters are: mindless, dumb pieces of shit who make fools of themselves literally every time they stray from the talking points memo they get every morning. And most importantly to the cause, absolutely shameless.

2 Likes

Sondland accused Rudy of breaking the law earlier this week. Rudy is not protected by the law the way Trump is. The count of Trump associates going guilty of criminal offenses goes up by the week. He campaigned on anticorruption, which while not relevant to dedicated GOP voters, Trump did not win the election based on these voters in the most valuable states. He won on a message of anti-establishment and populism. The same corrupt shit and tax cuts for the 1% are exactly the same anti-populism and establishment that people voted against.

A lot of you guys have just given up. Why are you even bothering to pay attention?

Your arguments for years has been “Trump must be impeached!” and now it’s “We can’t impeach because the GOP will hurt the Dems!” I mean, which is it?

Seriously, it’s no wonder Nun left this place.

5 Likes

I think Dems are making the same mistake they usually do–just relying on facts to pull them through whatever argument they are making.

R’s are spending a lot of money on anti impeachment ads in key house district races that everyone who doesn’t watch CNN/MSNBC are going to see on thanksgiving. I get D’s think it’s a waste of $ this far off an election but we’ve already seen impeachment approval decline in the polls so far while these hearings have been going on.

Clearly dems need more 30 second soundbite stuff you can do ads or facebook posts instead of 20 minute things nobody but libs actually watched (though it was linked to on even fox news website for a day).

R’s somehow always wiggle their way out of this shit is the problem faced at the moment.

So what exactly are the Dems supposed to do? It’s been said numerous times that impeachment is a political process not a criminal process.

Like sure, I’d love to see Schiff and Pelosi go arrest Trump and throw him in prison for crimes. But that is not going to happen in a million years. Whining about how the Dems are handling this is counterproductive. Saying there are no sound bites is silly. You have Sondland saying there was a quid pro quo. That’s a sound bite right there. You have a sitting Senator attacking a war veteran with a purple heart. That’s another sound bite.

The Republicans really aren’t wiggling their way out. Numerous people are in prison or on their way to prison. How many have stepped down or not running in 2020? There was a blue wave in 2018. If the GOP still had the House, we wouldn’t even be talking about this.

This shit takes time. It’s not going to happen in a week or 2. Now if you want to say Trump will never go to jail, fine. I agree with that. But the system is gamed to protect those in power so all we can really do is impeach him. And that’s what Schiff is doing.

9 Likes

I’m not even assuming there’s going to be a trial until it actually starts.

2 Likes

Chances of Rudy flipping if he is facing real prison time? We had such a steady chain of flippers that I was kind of surprised so far at Stone not flipping, but then again, maybe he’s singing post-conviction and we just haven’t heard yet.

Barr would have to approve of Rudy getting indicted right? I feel like Barr is gonna shut down anything regarding Rudy. Then again I’m surprised they’re even investigating him, can’t he just shut that down?

IANAL but I believe if its some sort of state charge then whatever state attorney general would be able to prosecute it.

I’m reading between the lines a little bit, but I believe Sondland lied on Wednesday because he believed he would have potentially faced jail time if he knew that Burisma = Biden (why he claimed that the convo between he and Trump only mentioned Burisma and later he learned that meant Biden). He figured if he didn’t finger Rudy directly then he would be taking a charge for Rudy and is like f that I’m out. Basically he gave the Ds the minimum he could to not face charges directly himself.

2 Likes

IDK. Aren’t we seeing the limits of what Barr can/will do now? Maryland AG just said Trump violated emoluments clause. A recent investigation determined to find the FBI began an illegal investigation into Trump instead found that it was sloppy but lawful. Upcoming decision on Trump’s taxes, then we’ll find out about McGhan. So far, looking like both will rule against Trump.

Like, at some point, Barr will be in a position where he has to say yeah, he did it, and I’m not going to prosecute. And then for sure wegothim, right? Right? Right…?

Seems if they subpoenaed him (they have plenty of evidence that he broke the law and have the right investigate this), they could theoretically have him arrested for contempt if he failed to appear.

The thing about this is that it is very unlikely the statue of limitations would expire by 2021 for the crimes he would inevitably have to admit, so even if he is just guilty of a federal crime if Trump loses the WH in 2020 then even Barr obstructing is really no guarantee of safety from prosecution.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/vplus/status/1198059361400184832

8 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

edited: IDK this guy but googled him. Did a sitting US rep decide it was a good idea to meet with a foreign prosecutor who had been extradited to the us? If so, epic-luls.

Say hello to Lev and Parnas’s little friend the Oligarchy of Russia.

1 Like

Wow, wtf
P.S. hahahahaha
P.P.S. YIKES

On 16 June 2009, Yulia Tymoshenko accused the other candidates in the 2010 Ukrainian presidential electionViktor Yushchenko, Arseniy Yatseniuk and Viktor Yanukovych – of sharing a single campaign headquarters financed by Firtash.[61][62] She accused Firtash, who is a key contributor to Yanukovych, of fraudulently using New York real estate through which to launder money from Ukraine through the United States and then back to Ukraine to support various corrupt political activities and politicians.[63]

I for one am shocked, SHOCKED to learn Devin Nunes was directly involved in this tomfoolery!

I’m sure the Justice Department will get right on it!

10 Likes

The Ironing is that this surely breaks NY state laws and you know they will sure as f prosecute.

1 Like