I Voted!

Just arrived at my polling place for first day of early voting. Polls open in an hour, and the line already stretches around 3 sides of the block. At least 150 people.

5 Likes

Are you one of those Trump poll watchers?! Thank you for being such a patriotic patriot American maga!!

Still waiting. The line has wrapped around the block twice

6 Likes

There was no line at the place I went to this morning. Something like 8 machines. Fuck Biden and everything, but still voted straight dem.

7 Likes

Took two weeks to get there but my ballot has been received. Voted straight Dem in Federal (fingers crossed for Jaime Harrison!) and State elections (SC is stupid and has a bunch of positions that aren’t political like “coroner” or “water and soil” where a Republican is running unopposed)

11 Likes

in WA state, so any mailbox would do, but decided to take a saturday afternoon walk and drop it in one of designated boxes.

of course it was pretty busy in the park, so there were two people in front and two behind us. geez, these fucking election day lines.

now sweating the acceptance of ballots.

11 Likes

Untitled

10 Likes

IF ANYONE LIVES IN PA SEND IT ON MONDAY!!! PA DEMS ARE URGING PEOPLE TO SEND THEM NO LATER THAN MONDAY 10/26.

:rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!! :rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:

4 Likes

I’ve been planning to vote in-person on election day. I live in a very white precinct. I have never had to stand in line to vote in the past, typically voting in the early afternoon after most people’s lunch breaks are over but before 9-to-5ers get off work. The place where I vote is a large room almost the size of a basketball court. There is one early voting place for the entire city at a municipal building, where they have reduced services during the early voting period to reduce traffic.

I still have a chance to vote early if I want. Would you change your plans to voting early if you were in my shoes?

You seem like a stand in a long line full of Trump supporters to passive aggressively make their line longer kind of guy to me. I think that’s the situation you’re looking for.

1 Like

I guess NH must not count until election day and I won’t know until then if my ballot is counted? (I requested and returned in person at my town hall, even though it says “mailed”.)

My NH receipts for both the primary and general look the same.

It would’ve been nice if the State had inserted an explanation for people looking for a “Was my ballot accepted?” box.

1 Like

The “center for voter information” sent me a snail mail letter letting me know they’ve reviewed my (public) voting record and included some (masked) records of some of my neighbors and let me know they’ll be reviewing more records after the election.

what the fuck, this is supposedly a left-leaning operation. I think this is supposed to be some sort of get out the vote push but it’s creepy as fuck and really offputting.

1 Like

That is really creepy

1 Like

I also got spammed by the CEO of expensify (the SaaS expense reporting app my company uses). this wasn’t a generic “go vote, america needs u” baloney, it was explicitly pro-biden

I’ve been getting those at least once a week, probably more frequently.

yeah he sent it to like 10 million customers. i dunno, i guess i wouldn’t have done it, unless circumstances were more dire.

I’m not even a customer. My company is. I don’t have any ability to tell him to fuck off, I’m literally forced to use his product if I want to get reimbursed. In any case, I wouldn’t care if he had blabbed all over twitter, this is about using personal data they have in ways we all should frown on, even if we agree with the message.

I guess i just don’t see what’s creepy about this.

Future voter

8 Likes