I Voted!

+1 for Biden in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

Straight Dem ticket, actually genuinely excited to vote for the Auditor General candidate, Dr. Nina Ahmad. She wants to do a huge audit on the cost-benefit impact of single payer in PA. She’s the only person I voted for in the primary who won.

Plus I would be pretty psyched to see an immigrant become the first woman elected to statewide office in the history of PA, that’s twice as cool. She was born in Bangladesh and moved here at 21 to go to college in the US. I get all emotional over stuff like that so if she wins I’ll be really excited. I didn’t think she’d win the primary, and if I only got one through the primary I wanted it to be her.

Using my state auditor general one time. ONE TIME FOR DR NINA!!!

8 Likes

Longer than 2016? 2016 was the only time I ever had a really long line in my town in NH.

Requested an absentee ballot but was at the border for getting it in the mail in time. Ended up just hand delivering it today to the election authority.

I got the last parking space and when I was leaving there was a line of cars looking to park.

I got there 5 minutes after they opened and it is a big parking lot.

On the way home picked up a bottle of whiskey, champagne , and white wine that the GF likes. Not sure if I’ll be drinking my sorrows away or celebrating.

Chance we don’t know either way.

3 Likes

My town was the normal scanner.

1 Like

Rural voting is awesome.

17 Likes

Interesting. It took me 2 hours in 2016 (iirc) when it usually takes 5 or 10 minutes. I voted early at the town hall this year, but I may take a drive over later to see what the lines look like.

MN ballots are so boring, I feel like we never have any props or amendments to vote on. It was just pres, senator, rep and then the state senator and rep, local school board and a bunch of judges who run unopposed

1 Like

6 Likes

I just voted in PA. Arrived around 9:30, waited 10 minutes tops. I’ve voted at this location (which is heavily blue I think) a few times and this is the first time it was paper+scanner instead of touchscreen; don’t know if there’s anything to read into that.

10 Likes

Also just voted in PA (Pittsburgh). Was almost hoping there would be a long line but it was relatively short and the whole process was pretty easy. I liked the paper ballot + scanner combo, it was actually less confusing than pure electronic.

10 Likes

I can’t wait for the vote no on fair tax commercials to stop playing

You leave Pres blank/Green party or did you pull the trigger on Sleepy Joe? I’m not gonna give you a hard time either way, just curious.

I just voted. Maybe three dozen cars in the parking lot. No waiting at the registration table for my ward, but there was a line for others. One-page ballot. Three contested local elections, more uncontested. Three ballot initiatives. In and out in under five minutes.

3 Likes

Every PA voter here is firing me up.

4 Likes

Well the you are in luck cause I got TWO more for you

9 Likes

Pretty sure this isn’t true and if it is then my vote has never counted because I usually leave some shit blank

1 Like

https://twitter.com/holamikoo/status/1323676557353783297

13 Likes

took nearly two hours but voted.

14 Likes

Sorry if already posted but this infuriates me

1 Like

Guessing more Republicans died between voting early and election day anyway. Should be counted in a fair world, but whatever.

1 Like