I Voted!

I don’t have super strong feelings on this but it seems right to me if you pass away before Election Day your vote wouldn’t count.

2 Likes

Probably just tucking his shirt in.

5 Likes

Why? If you were alive when you voted, and you voted within the allowed early voting window, it should obviously count.

3 Likes

This is where I am on it. The ballot was legally cast, it should count. I guarantee they’re not combing death records for every single person who dies and pulling all those votes. It would be an Herculean task.

1 Like

I guess in my mind Election Day is the actual day votes are counted. You legal status to vote on that day matters.

Again, I don’t have strong feeling here and could easily be convinced otherwise. This is just my initial thought.

What if you vote, then are convicted of a crime or renounce your citizenship before Election Day?

It would depend on your state I guess. In Florida for example, your vote is counted when it is received, so even if you drop dead next to the voting machine it’s counted as long as the ballot went in.

It’s really another example of why we need uniform election laws nationwide, at least for federal elections.

I think it‘s absurd to have dead people decide who should govern the living.

2 Likes

Grunching, not sure if a lot of these have been posted… From Washington, an all-mail-in ballot state:

6 Likes

I hate the Framers as well but Satan is taking good care of them for us right now.

1 Like

Voted for the evil democratic corporate shills over the trump party. In and out no line.

3 Likes

So only people from 18-50 should be able to vote?

5 Likes

Wouldn’t you just turn off the movie 10 minutes into it? I don’t really get it.

i guess its more like if they made you buy a ticket then left.

1 Like

Any analogy breaks down if you take it too literally. You can interpret “made you watch” in a way that it precludes turning it off, leaving etc.

1 Like

I’m just being a grumpy old man

John Mulaney did some jokes about old people not getting to vote on his SNL monologue this weekend. Sounded logical to me.

Voted for Biden fuck y’all

I also laughed when a Family Court Judge was listed under Dem and Conservative. It’s the same thing!

9 Likes

My buddies in urban KCMO said voting was no problem with no lines. Good to see not all red states are ratfucking. I guess MO doesn’t need to.

1 Like

OK lads, I’m off to try to flip Ohio.

6 Likes