I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

https://x.com/TroyHalibur/status/1817354949782552957

1 Like

Since it’s not obvious from the preview, Snoop is doing color commentary for Dressage.

1 Like

Horse perp walk. Classic.

Crip walk, not perp walk.

2 Likes

Is it current? Snoop did the crip walk dressage joke a while back, maybe even at the last Olympics.

2 Likes

Gonna say no, the set doesn’t look like Paris.

Near the end Kevin Hart says “How do the horses get to Tokyo?”

https://x.com/KSBWDrea/status/1816927693872726217

3 Likes

Even weirder is that Great Britain competes as one nation, meanwhile England qualified for men’s soccer but didn’t compete because they would GB in the olympics.

I’m old

There are women fencing; in breeches no less! What is this? :face_with_monocle:

the fighting jokics are taking it to us rn

Biden debate vibes at the start.

There was a team event yesterday that looked like water polo played on what looked to be a basketball like court. No one knew what the sport was called. You could both bounce and run with the ball and there were two goals on either side of the court

Anyone?

Handball?

2 Likes

Someone mentioned it could be handball, but I thought that was like racquetball where it was played with 4 walls? This literally looked like water polo only played on a gym floor. There were two goalies on each side of the court

It looked like a white squishy ball that you passed off to teammates and the goal was to throw it past the goalie into the net. The ball did bounce, but it looked like you could run with it too. I’ve never seen this sport before

Team handball I believe.

Racquetball handball is a different thing.

2 Likes

was watching some handball at a bar yesterday and pretty much every person who walked inside to grab a beer commented on it to the bartender and people sitting at the bar.

consensus was that this is not handball, handball 1v1 hitting a big red ball against a wall, and anyone who called that wall ball was ridiculed.

i learnt yesterday thata handball is one of the 5 olympic sports the US don’t have a medal in. It’s a fairly popular sport here and in Europe. Was surprised to learn you guys are unaware of it.

very weird to call it just like water polo.

Wasn’t there also a team handball played outdoors at some point, like on a soccer pitch or maybe a smaller field? If not, what am I thinking of?