I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

i believe so yes.

now the actual quarterfinals with the top 8 start.

the reason i say “believe” is because i dont quite understand the format with the “placing” games. i would think you would put 11/12 together and winner finishes 11th and 9/10 together and winner finishes 9th… but it looks like 9 played 12 and 10 played 11. so could japan have gotten 9th if they beat samoa? idk.

LOL. had USWNT on another screen while focusing on the rugby, and thought i was watching a replay. didnt realize it was the same girl scored twice back to back less than a minute apart.

Damn man, All Blacks were so unlucky there. A toe nail costs them a 70m try, the goalline stand by SA, and several other dumb mistakes. Kinda sucks b/c we won’t get the Fiji/All Blacks showdown.

Fiji is in BIG trouble

1 Like

Not in trouble now.

1 Like

that was a good game

so on that overtime possession for ireland, fiji intercepted it around mid field but it got called off. Any idea why?

Wasn’t the kick on by Ireland w/4 min left that went out of bounds kinda idiotic? They were up 2 poss. with the ball, I would’ve gone for low risk plays, hang on to the ball, kill time, and force Fiji to turn you over instead of handing one to them.

Disclaimer: I know fuck all about rugby, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

There was a penalty on Fiji earlier (offside?) and they were playing an advantage.

1 Like

ref was still playing advantage from a penalty on the lineout.

1 Like

Now for the main event. USA gonna need to ESTABLISH the run w/Perry Baker early and often.

1 Like

Sweden beats Norway (gold favorites) in handball. Sorry Soulman!

ty for humoring the dumb questions.

next one - when you are on offense and tossing it around, and you fumble a catch but pick it up off the bounce, seems like sometimes you get to keep possession and sometimes its a turnover…any idea why?

I think you can fumble it backwards, but not forwards (called a knock on I think?)

2 Likes

Baker with a severe lack of rushing attempts.

just way too many mistakes for usa.

USA can’t even do basic things. How the F did they draw France?

so are both teams kind of bad here?

According to that ranking thing above they’re the 2 worst QF teams at 7th and 8th overall.

USA always sucks at rugby, Aus is good at Union, but I guess a bit worse at 7s.

1 Like

def seems different than the other games