I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

That drone was simply looking for the nearest Tim Hortons location.

1 Like

This concept actually doesn’t make any sense to me

It sounds like what he is saying is that if a player is running directly to the nearest part of the sideline, then he can lateral it in the direction he is trying to score in because the way that he is facing would be lateral to himself.

I don’t know, tho. I probably know less about rugby than you.

World record in the qualifying round of wimmins archery, no tv coverage or a crowd tho. Maybe it happened, maybe it didn’t.

If you are running down the field at 20 kmh and lateral it backward at 5 kmh so that it is traveling 15 kmh forward in relation to the field then it is okay in rugby.
For Americans switch kmh to mph.

If a rugby player is standing still then the lateral rules would be the same as in football.

Note: I’m no expert, but that was my understanding when someone tried to explain it to me.

Nobody in Holland except his weirdo volleyball partner wants him on the team. They didn’t expect him to make it but once he surprisingly did there was no way to kick him off. Having a conviction and having served his time doesn’t ban you from the olympics and the Dutch olympic comittee can’t change their qualification rules to try and exclude him. There is plenty legal precedence for that in Holland. I hope the fans make his life miserable or that he does something at the Olympics that can get him kicked of the team but don’t blame the rest of the athletes for something they can’t change.

2 Likes

well if the US has learned one thing from this rugby7s, it’s that we could use more washed out almost NFL caliber wide receivers… perry baker with 4 tries vs Uruguay. dude looked uncatchable.

rugby 7s afternoon placing and quarters looks to be est:

placing matches for 9 through 12
2pm Samoa vs japan
2:30 uruguay vs Kenya

quarters
3pm- New Zealand vs South Africa
3:30 Argentina vs France
4:00- Fiji vs Ireland
4:30 Australia vs USA

jesus they really blow through this stuff. also hate to be that guy (lol no i dont) but acksually it’s EDT not EST.

Here is a full article. Combine this and the clause they put into the Salt Lake City deal about drug testing and you have a continued out of control IOC.

Canada dominated an inferior New Zealand team in soccer, the spying thing was completely stupid and unnecessary. I remember New Zealand being really good 20 years ago, but they’re pretty bad now.

are yall aware this olympics has BREAK DANCING?!?

im so in. korea/japan gonna dominate lol

idk man. i was just happy i took it from what it was online changed it to central where i live and then put it back to eastern because i knew people were gonna be like, “wtf is this central?”…

and yeah… semi’s and finals are on Saturday. 3 days total for men’s 7s

1 Like

Anyone else an old curmudgeon like me and not like skateboarding and break dancing being in the Olympics?

Skateboarding is pretty great, I’ve seen some breakdancing videos on YT and it looks cool, but I don’t understand how it’s an olympic “sport”.

are the Les Twins in it? if not then it’s not worth watching imo.

that being said i don’t honestly know if what laurent and larry do is considered “breaking” in the contest structure. but their dance battles are easily the best. plus it’s their country hosting.

how is break dancing different than like, a gymnastics floor routine?

extra time in the kenya uruguay placement game was fun.

Placement = they are playing for 9th-12th place and are out of the running?