I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

US just cant stop shooting themselves in the foot. and the aussies are only semi taking advantage of it…

like wtf… lol. get an absolute gift of a no-try and then immediately fuck up unforced error

Need to bring in Mahomes for our throw ins.

so i just looked at the schedule… those 4 teams play again on Saturday to determine 9-12

similarly we will play ireland and then one of NZ/argentina on saturday to determine 5-8.

1 Like

Put up 12 vs. both Fiji and France, who I’m guessing are tougher to score on than Aus, but just a complete trash performance here.

I gotta say…

Not enough curling for my liking.

2 Likes

Handball is my new favorite sport.

Wish the article had mentioned that ex-convicts have better protections in Holland which stops the Dutch olympic comittee from adding a rule to ban them from the olympics. I also see a lot of comments from other countries that they would ban him but then why did they allow him to play tournaments in their countries which is how he qualified in the first place. Still hope he says something wrong or acts out while in Paris as then he can be kicked of the team.

More fallout from the Canadian drone scandal. The head coach has been sent home and apparently they’ve been using drones to spy for years including when they won gold.

Coaching staff and contractors working with Canada’s men’s and women’s national soccer teams have been engaged for years in efforts to film the closed-door training sessions of their opponents, including during the women’s gold-medal winning Olympic tournament in 2021, two sources with first-hand knowledge of the activity told TSN.

Canada Soccer chief executive Kevin Blue wrote in a statement that head coach Bev Priestman had been removed from her position for the balance of the Olympic tournament. Blue wrote that the federation had obtained new information regarding previous drone use against opponents that predates the 2024 Olympics. The Canadian Olympic Committee said that Priestman had been removed from the Olympic team.

LOL Canada

Oh no Canada

It’s quite embarrassing as a Canadian and soccer fan of both the men and women. That being said over on reddit soccer the majority of posters don’t seem to care and think this is actually quite common place. Canada was just stupid enough to do it in Paris during the Olympics during a strict drone ban.

The opening ceremony on the Seine is about to start. The scenery looks a bit like in “Under Paris”; let’s hope this goes better.

Pretty cheesy so far with the pre-taped bit.

Madame Gaga!

https://twitter.com/SnoopDogg/status/1816821165739909300

1 Like

Normally skip opening and closing ceremonies, but this is pretty spectacular.

Can’t wait for Republicans to complain about the symbolism of the mmf situation in the l’amour section of it.

Where are the Americans? They should’ve been the last country in the Es.

EDIT: Just found out the future host nations come out at the end right before the hosts.

Éthiopie tho

ship sank

Rapping in French is cheating as every word rhymes.

1 Like