I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

Softball and mens soccer on the schedule today. I’ll watch Canada vs USA softball for sure. Not sure if I’ll make a point to watch anything else today.

Ya beach handball isnt in the olympics.

Israel’s best sport is sailing where we have our only gold medal. It’s also the most unwatchable sporting event. It’s impossible to film or follow

Quite the contrast. F maple syrup.

1 Like

Fastpitch softball is no joke.

Pitchers are closer too in softball.

Yah 70mph from like 10 feet away.

Watching this now. Abbott is an absolute beast

The fact that they are 30 ft closer makes that 70 mph heater akin to 99-100 im baseball.

1 Like

are you not allowed to throw overhand in softball? I’m confused as to why this is a thing

Pitching is done underhand. Been that way since the beginning of the sport

This page says 101.2

Softball vs. Baseball Pitching Speeds - Softball.

there’s like a distinction that baseball is for men and softball for women that i find odd. It doesn’t happen in other sports

1 Like

Man, USA cant hit the changeup. Thats the third straight inning theyve ended the inning striking out on a change

Maybe trying not to overuse their best pitcher. She pitched yesterday too.

Yeah, the first pitcher was shaky. In a 7 inning game, you gotta be quick on the hook, espcially with Abbott crushing on the other side

Some of the Men’s soccer teams are unusually strong. Spain sent basically all their good players from the Euros, which never happens. Brazil is using Richarlison and has a bunch of great young guys.

A lot of men in the US play softball after they’re out of their teens. There are many more men’s softball leagues vs. men’s recreational baseball leagues.

speaking of olympic baseball, there are 6 nations who qualified to the competition. USA, Japan, South Korea, Dominican Republic, Mexico and… Israel (?).

Pretty much all of “Israel’s” national team are just Jewish Americans who have never lived in Israel. Notables on the roster include Ian Kinsler and Danny Valencia.

I was gonna post something like this but I was afraid of looking like a dummy. How come women’s baseball isn’t a thing? I would 100% watch that but softball is just lame to me no matter which sex is playing.