I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

Russia be mad

Russian lawmaker Vitaly Milonov took out his anger on Ashram: “It was embarrassing to watch her,” he said of the 2020 European all-around champion. “This isn’t supposed to be an athletics competition – it’s rhythmic gymnastics. She should have refused the medal, because what happened there was simply unjust.”

The official Twitter account of the Russian Olympic Committee posted photos of gymnast Dina Averina, who took home the silver, receiving her scores, with the caption: “The pictures speak for themselves, the whole world has seen this injustice.”

Japanese women’s basketball team in the gold medal finals, is a sentence I thought I’d never say.

Sounds an awful lot like what we heard when AOC became Ms. OOT.

Full point.

Gold medal game is TIED UP. Take that China Virus. NBC jingo medal table is coming for that ass.

Fascinating podcasts on the original Greek Olympic games. I didn’t realize they lasted 1200 years.

The most fun tidbit: according to Pliny the Elder, if you want a girl to fall in love with you, you should put some of your feces in her food.

Volleyball about to put USA over the top.

1 Like

Same as it ever was

The ultimate neg-hit

1 Like

I was trying to find a betting line for this match, but couldn’t. Brazil had only dropped like 4 sets the whole tourney (to USA’s 8 I think).

Brazil did have an outside hitter sent home for doping though, so I guess it was a pretty big factor.

WHERE’S MY SORT BY GOLD TABLE NOW

We did it! Finally got that Women’s Volleyball Gold!

2 Likes

1 Like

Now that I think of it, what a waste that we didn’t get olympic games with Trump twitting

Women’s handball gold medal match is pretty good. I should have watched more handball this Olympics.

Can someone explain to me what happened in the cycling final where the Brit dude just sprinted way ahead and no one caught him? Like what did the second place dude do wrong there?

That was great.

1 Like

Yah, it’s super elite. Helps that I’ve been following France and they crush this sport.

If you could use the top US athletes in this sport, who would you use?

Kevin Durant would seem unstoppable, but might throw like a girl.

I’d think a team of mobile QBs would be nearly unstoppable and they’d all have cannon shots. Plus the sport doesn’t seem too technical. Then you could use an NHL goalie or Zack Steffen in goal.

1 Like

I never understood how someone becomes a handball goalie. It’s like stepping in to bat in baseball only you are actively attempting to get hit by every single pitch.

Still probably a more pleasant experience than being hunched over all match in field hockey.