I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

So you get to ride a horse, play around in the pool, stab a guy and write off your laser tag bill as business expanse

The marathon is incredible. It’s amazing that those women can run 26+ miles in 90-degree+ humid heat in under 2.5 hours.

3 Likes

The other thing is - think of how many young people Quinn will inspire. Its as much about them as it is about them.

Indeed, they were on the CWNT in Rio and only came out last year.

It’s always great thing to have openly [anything] on a major stage, but this one puzzles me a bit as to what it will inspire. Quinn came out as non-binary and the Olympic committee basically said ‘we don’t care about your hippie stuff, you were born a female so we still consider you one have fun lol libtards’.

“Quinn is the first non-binary athlete to win a medal after leading the Canadian Women Soccer team to gold” just doesn’t sound as progress to me. Not that I have a better solution, but this is firmly within what conservatives want in regards to gender, in sports and in general.

I had no idea Canada was still a country. I thought we annexed them or something.

Nelly Korda had a 4 shot lead going into the final round. After pitching from the same spot 3 times on the 8th hole she’s only one up over former world #1 Lydia Ko. Should be a great finish.

1 Like

Japan is right in there too with a good shot at bronze.

US BB has generally gotten better from game to game and from the beginning of games to the end. Having seen France once already, they’re 12.5 pt favorites. Seems about right but if they start as slowly as they consistently have, they’re going to put a lot of pressure on themselves.

It is the ultimate human conceit that we are more than or at least independent of our physical brains.

I’ve watched family and friends struggle with mental illness (and my own anxiety) that is absolutely not a choice.

I had been wondering about the twisties and inner ear issues.

I rode a coaster over and over trying to get the perfect picture with my sons. It had rained in the morning and six flags Chicago was sparse so we literally rode it 10 times or more in 25 minutes.

My “math” brain didn’t work for several days. I felt lopsided. It sucked.

RE: her ADHD

I went cold turkey off lexapro a few years ago and I know that wasn’t recommended but it was crazy. I also know that Simone was likely on adderall or other different drugs so not sure on her actual side effects from being cut off. A lot of them though, cutting them off cold turkey gives you like an electric buzz feeling in your head that is unexplainable and horrible. If she had any of that happening I can’t imagine doing what crazy shit she does.

Every time the USA makes a shot I expect a vendor to hand out a giant stuffed animal.

2 Likes

NBC still squeezing life out of that NBA theme song from 1990.

2 Likes

LMAO first time Gobert runs a closeout in his career is in the Olympics.

Also a fantastic SNL skit.

4 Likes

Real Tesh playing it at his own concerts is way funnier to me:

3 Likes

This was when Tim Robinson was a random guy on SNL who never got in any sketches. Just a preview of his genius. Who would’ve thought one of those guys would win a SAG and Golden Globe award (and maybe Emmy) and the other would create the best sketch comedy show in decades.

1 Like

France is crushing in men’s team sports.

Basketball, volleyball, and handball gold medal matches all on the same day.

Rowing and shooting seem like the only ones that regular people might be able to do. Maybe rhythmic gymnastics and Kata too.