I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

You need to clone Durant in a lab.

Got better when Jrue entered in the second quarter and started getting into the lane. Opened things up for others. Defense improved, too.

Ok, time for bed.

What “channel” is this on?

never a doubt…

That really escalated

Monday night’s game is set to tip-off at 12:15 a.m. EST and will air exclusively on Peacock . The game will also be shown as a delayed broadcast at 6 p.m. EST on USA Network.

Srsly someone needs to die in a microwave fire over this.

2 Likes

US BB keeps repeating this pattern.

Durant!

Good to see Booker hit a few.

oh wow same canadian actually jumped 8.24 in the long jump
you should have lead with that. That is actually a bronze medal in the long jump. crazy.

This what happens when the Olympic comittee take the “why don’t they pull a sport out of a hat” suggestions from this (and every other) thread online.
How does one decide on becoming an Olympic Modern Pentathlon athlete?

This is actually an Olympic sport going on right now:

The modern pentathlon is an Olympic sport that comprises five different events; fencing (one-touch épée), freestyle swimming (200 m), equestrian show jumping (15 jumps), and a final combined event of pistol shooting and cross country running (3200 m). This last event is now referred to as the laser-run, since it alternates four legs of laser pistol shooting followed by an 800 m run (for 3200 m in total).

1 Like

All essential skills for any renaissance man

HORSE for athletic people

1 Like

I think it’s more of an action movie villain skill set

First you stab someone, then you swim away as fast as you can, get to the shore, ride a horse to safety and end with a shooting frenzy while running from the cops

1 Like

Perfect 10 dive.

https://twitter.com/CBCOlympics/status/1423173697980993538

And another perfect dive from the same diver. I think she might win the competition.

https://twitter.com/CBCOlympics/status/1423178333362311172

“This video is not available in your location”

Wtf is this shit? They’re seriously blocking highlight clips of a single dive in the olympics in hopes of getting me to pay for some streaming service. Lol gtfooh with that.

4 Likes

I didn’t even consider that. The tweet only available to view in Canada I think.

Here’s the NBC tweet with presumably one of the dives but I can’t view it Canada.

https://twitter.com/NBCOlympics/status/1423171409581387776

1 Like

I hope nobody tries to run in this 20k race walk that just started.

1 Like

I’ll never stop thinking race walking is weird.

2 Likes

This sprint cycling where they eliminate the last place rider every couple of laps is pretty fun.

1 Like

It is weird. But it’s kind of crazy how fast they go. The 20km world record is like 1h20m. That’s faster than my 20km times from when I used to run regularly and do marathon and half marathon runs.

1 Like

Final discipline in the men’s climbing finals in 1 hour, and the top 4 (of 7) are effectively tied at the moment. That means that whoever of those 4 makes it the furthest/highest in the lead climb, wins the gold.