I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

We now live in a world where Japan and China qualify for the 4 x 100 relay finals but #1 USA does not.

Thanks Biden

3 Likes

USA #2 in 110 hurdles too.

thought he was going to fade right out of the medals

This is a cringe WOAT sports television moment I’ve ever seen. “Hey emotional guy who just lost the race, here is a surprise video of your family cheering on your losing silver medal run.” Read the motherfucking room NBC.

Of course they block all of these from external loading lol.

overwhelming favorite in the 110m hurdles seems pretty satisfied with silver. no wonder america is fading

Imagine ambushing Jordan after a loss with “Here’s a video of your family cheering you on. They love you!” We would have murdered everyone in the room and and their next of kin.

I’d watch that

1 Like

I kinda feel like half the participants in the shot put are the same guy changing uniforms between each throw

Mighty impressive tho. I was entertained.

what crazy dominance. The olympic record going in was 22.52, he broke it in all throws. The last one was the 2nd best throw ever, after his own 23.37 WR from a month ago.

1 Like

NBC is Bob Costas in a 34S jacket that’s somehow still too large paired with the worst tie you’ve ever seen delivering lukewarm oatmeal purple prose sports nothingisms off a teleprompter while world records are falling. Cut to tape delay segment. And when that finally comes to pass he’s replaced by a loud-talking grab ass because boy they just love 'em over there at the NBC.

1 Like

The difference is more like professional football vs. college football, or maybe division 1 vs. division 2 college sports.

I tried to create a Peacock account on Apple TV and after typing in all of the bullshit and clicking submit it said “Error: Try again later.” and you probably guessed correctly that I will not.

2 Likes

There’s karate in the olympics now. it appears very weird.

What’s a Purrier St Pierre?

Oh hai. Anyone watching the basketball?

Yeah I watched for a bit…definitely weird. If you are going to do a karate routine I would be more interested in a karate routine without pauses

This is the first time I’ve watched USA men’s basketball this Olympics. They look terrible.

fake news