I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

horsey cripp walking is serious biz

1 Like

I thought

• The Guardian piece was a complaint about not enough human interest and hype.
  • The Guardian is British so they should get equestrians and shouldn’t care what US gets.

But instead it’s some American complaining about NBC for the wrong reasons on a British news site that has US content. In conclusion, it’s bound to cause confusion when the world gets together.

Aka Lol Women

All Times Eastern

Screenshot (3)

Track Schedule (All Times Eastern)

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/streaming-schedule

1 Like

Looking at different - thons and this looks like it’d be fun to watch

One hour(Editing Decathlon - Wikipedia)

The one-hour decathlon is a special type of decathlon in which the athletes have to start the last of ten events (1500 m) within sixty minutes of the start of the first event. The world record holder is Czech decathlete Robert Změlík, who achieved 7,897 points at a meeting in Ostrava, Czechoslovakia, in 1992.[ citation needed ]

Women’s 400m hurdles was good

1 Like

Syndey McLaughlin best one and done from University of Kentucky

400M hurdles for men and women has been so elite

Half a second under the world record? Wow.

Her speed down the stretch was insane. She ran a perfect race.

All three winners of the women’s park skateboarding competition are Japanese girls (the British bronze winner is half-Japanese but grew up in Japan) and their ages, if I heard correctly, are 12, 13, and 19.

1 Like

Steeplechase is the 2-man luge of Summer Olympic sports.

When I was their age we had Nash skateboards and rode around town mostly. My friend had his parents build a 10 or 12 foot half pipe and we were
scared as fuck to drop in. He had the first version of the Vision Gator board. His parents had to cut the half pipe down by like half. These kids now are so good. It’s crazy.

2 Likes

Back in Cali I used to live near a skatepark. I never understood the appeal as almost everyone there completely sucked and never hit any of the moves they tried. Same with the street skaters.

Today I finally got to see what real elite skateboarding looks like. And they’re all kids.

It’s clear after this olympics (if it already wasn’t before) there is something about being a teenager in skateboarding that might actually be an advantage in most skateboarding discilpines.

Lack of fear and quick healing?

1 Like

Could be, but it’s clearly something…

For street skating in the Olympics, it’s mostly hand rail focused (which is disappointing for me). Jumping down stairs takes a toll on your knees and ankles etc. When I was nearing the end of my teens, I changed to tech skating that focused on flat ground.

1 Like

Skateboarding is really hard especially at the beginner stage. But nowadays it’s way easier than ever before to get better faster because everything is on youtube and skateboard parks are abundant. Learning a new trick used to be a huge trial and error process and you wouldn’t even know where to have proper foot placement for a trick unless a friend already knew and could show you.

Now if you want to learn a trick check youtube for instructions first.

It’s definitely a young persons sport. Pretty sure my knees would disintegrate if I tried skating today.

Man by far most I’ve been let down by this Olympics is seeing cycling sprint not being 1 v 1.

Sounds crazy but 1 v 1 was some fun mind games. First lap or two would be drift v early advantage.