I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

Golden Slam dead for Djokovic, got absolutely stomped by Zverev in the third.

3 Likes

USA vs Israel in Baseball now. Or better known as Bad-American-Players vs Bad-Jewish-American-Players

Water polo is like hockey in slow motion. Sometimes America is right about what sports are dumb.

Canada women in PKs with Brazil

Mixed 4x4 is awesome.

Nigeria was the only team to put their 2nd guy on the 3rd leg so he blew by everyone and gave them the lead then you had a bunch of guys chasing down the Nigerian woman on the final leg.

2 Likes

Fps by Nigeria

All right! Two more gold medals for Czechia! Judo 100kg+ class and another in canoeing!

Judoka Lukáš Krpálek fucking dominated. Didn’t have a single point scored against him in the entire competition! When he won gold in 2016, he only allowed one point.

One point allowed across two Olympics is pretty kickass.

USA disqualified in the 400*4

USA GOAT at getting DQed in relays

Kissa getting off to a huge lead in the 10K

Dressage is a sport like poker is a sport. :grin:

it is a sport, but the athletes are the horses. I’ll watch it once they give the medals to the horses instead of the Duchess of fucksville

4 Likes

I read a really sad story about Billie Eilish the other day. Turns out her family wasn’t always rich. In fact, at one point growing up, they couldn’t even afford her riding lessons anymore

1 Like

I’m so confused why he did this then quit. Train for years for that?

Do the riders matter at all in dressage? Looks like they literally do nothing.

I don’t have commentator on but my guess is he was suppose to lure the athletes into a faster pace than they are used to. That is suppose to benefit Joshua Cheptegei, the WR holder (they are both Ugandans)

Looks like they could make this the summer biathalon.

Either shoot targets while on trampoline

Or better.

The trampolinists are the targets.

3 Likes

Human skeet archery will be a demonstration sport at the next Olympics

2 Likes

The overall pace was slow though.

He obviously failed as no one followed his pace