I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

Both are ippons (if you pin for 20s).

1 Like

84068100c1b46e9dcd68f71bfa239972

2 Likes

Gotta be kind of comforting to see that one of your opponents in a hurdles race is completely gray lol

lol dressage, one of the most efficient ways to incinerate wealth this side of net jets

3 Likes

The Japanese women’s rugby 7s team is not ready for prime time.

1 Like

That was a crazy fast prelim from Elane Thompson

World equestrian games was in Lexington in 2010. There was a free day for students. Took a date without realizing the main event that day was dressage. I blame dressage for that whole thing not working.

1 Like

wtf dressage is the ultimate aphrodisiac

1 Like
3 Likes

That’s so cool that Suni Lee is Hmong. I hope blows up after this.

So looking at the olympics schedule and see

Trampoline, Archery

Final, Quarterfinal

So is the finals of trampoline avoiding the archery quarterfinal? I’m in!

2 Likes

Australian coverage keeps focusing on the family of a BMX competitor and it includes her brother who was in Olympic contention before sustaining a severe brain injury while competing. Having him interviewed when he clearly is still struggling with speech and other motor functions is really on the nose and seems like a really bad advertisement for the sport.

Whoa, just got back to Mexico and the coverage is insanely good. On YouTube, one of the cable companies has like 10 livestreams going on now and has separate videos for pretty much all completed semis/finals.

Anybody know what time the men’s table tennis final is tonight?

7 am eastern for bronze and 8 am eastern for gold

1 Like

The crashes in BMX looked absolutely brutal. One racer was stretchered off the track today.

So is it normal that like half the BMXers wreck every race?

I like Olympic sports like BMX and cross country skiing where the athletes collapse and literally can’t walk afterwards.

Yeah that was the brain injured guy’s sister.

Field hockey is just not an entertaining sport