I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

lol nice follow up

fucking instant classic

That rally was insaaaaane

Such a crazy get from Long on the running forehand

what a match. what a gold medal.

oh shit, forgot it’s still semis.

what a finish

lol his nickname is the dictator? definitely goat

1 Like

These guys are astonishing athletes

Do swimmers ever get penalized for not properly doing the stroke in an event or just doing the wrong stroke by mistake?

Double gold in judo for Japan.

The German Cycling Federation’s sporting director has been sent home from the Tokyo Olympics after a microphone caught him shouting a racial slur during Wednesday’s men’s time trial.

Patrick Moster was heard telling his rider Nikias Arndt: “Get the camel riders! Get the camel riders! Come on!” as he tried to catch rivals from Algeria and Eritrea.

Yes, I’ve seen at least one DQ in this Olympics for that reason in breaststroke. All the ones I can ever remember are for breaststroke.

Like Wakaichiro?

1 Like

I’m not crying, you’re crying

https://twitter.com/JamesAALongman/status/1420614969205329921?s=20

9 Likes

So dumb, they should just all swim the fast way.

Ok I lol’d

https://twitter.com/nbcolympics/status/1420731590704078851?s=21

I can’t remember are we rooting for Asian Americans or still blaming them for the Hong Kong flu? I haven’t checked in with Laura I this week.

Seriously, fantastic for a MN athlete. I’ve enjoyed seeing her family cheer her on from home. Setting the DVR now to get the NBC presentation tonight.

1 Like

When I checked my fantasy baseball this morning I saw an headline that she won.

I never heard of her and have watched zero Olympics this year but for some reason seeing the USA take a gold medal still makes me happy.

I can’t explain it.

I mean I guess I don’t really care but I just want all the slow strokes treated with the same contempt that race walking gets. Sure, race walking and backstroke and sideways running and 400 m crabwalk are all hard but should they really be olympic sports?

Actually crabwalk would be fucken sweet to watch, they should do that.

Fiji is nuts for rugby. Apparently the last time they won gold the entire country went on holiday for a week. Pretty great to seem do their thing. Also, England didn’t get a rugby medal, so my mom is happy about that.