I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

Got a close Archery showdown between Great Britain and the Netherlands going on right now

big mountain bike wreck. guy went right over his handle bars

had to turn the game off after 3. no idea what Luka is doing in the game still

1 Like

haha, he’s going for 50

imagine not betting luka 50 + slovenia win

1 Like

Mountain biking is such a sick event. Combining insane uphill climbs with the downhill parts of “How can I go super fast and also not die”

Looks like one of those sports where you have to be slightly insane to be the best.

how do you even pass someone with it being so narrow? you just wait for the next guy to die?

3 Likes

I just saw a highlight video from fencing where the opponent started for Hongkong. WTF? Doesnt Hongkong belong to China or are we playing by different rules when its the olympics.

Archery gold medal match starting in a few minutes

Table tennis may appear to be a docile sport, but the players scream after each point won.

Yeah Hong Kong and Taiwan (Chinese Taipei) both have teams separate from China’s Olympic team.

South Korea with 6 straight 10s in the gold medal match. Clutch shooting from them.

This is really bizarre to me. Lots of sports where they start screaming after every point even in sports like volleyball where 100+ could be scored during the match.

1 Like

Watching table tennis. Thinking the Japanese player Harimonto is screwed facing a Chinese opponent. Only to learn that his parents emigrated to Japan before he was born and were both elite Chinese players themselves.

1 Like

Archery is basically like bowling. I think anyone can probably get one 10 in his lifetime if he spends a year or so practicing. Once you did that you are basically tied for the world record. Not a single person has shot better than 10.

Doing it over and over just seems silly, I’ve already conquered the sport

Why do you need to touch the ball to the ground when you score in rugby?

1 Like

wow the Kosovan beating the Japanese in the Judo 57k semi final.

The world champion Canadian is now in the 2nd semi final

Taiwan not having its own team would be kind of weird since they are their own state, just not recognized by the PR of China.