I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

In my yout I jumped into water a few times from heights greater than a diving board and used to work standing on the top of ladders. Don’t know if it ever got to 30 feet, I’m old and afraid now but could do it for a grand easy. Keep your feet together and don’t go belly first and you’ll be fine.

images

4 Likes

In your what? Did you say yout?

1 Like

My answer is, I’d go to the location and give it my best try, but I’m not sure that I wouldn’t bail when I got to the top. I regularly watch The Challenge so I’ve seen lots of people get rekt after being unceremoneously dropped into water, and I imagine those images might get into my head as I was climbing the ladder.

2 Likes

I have jumped multiple times from over 10m into water, but it was in lakes like Kentucky Lake and Dale Hollow, and you sure as shit couldn’t see the bottom of anything. At Kentucky Lake they have an old rock quarry that is easy to get on top of and jump and a quick google says it’s about 30ft.

5 Likes

4.7 today. Let’s see if we can get to the ultimate timeline with a 7+ during the 2028 Olympics.

Someone call Michael Bay, that’s a good disaster movie premise.

I was originally going to say yes as I used to jump off my house into my pool but I realized that was only like 5 meters and I am terrified of heights. Getting up there would be the problem. The jumping part would be fairly easy.

Jumping is pretty much a no brainer if you can swim. A better question might be would you dive face first from the same height. Your first question is a snap yes. The second question would be a sound no (though I was an avid swimmer most of my life I hated diving, even from the pool’s edge).

2 Likes

Im yes on the first and no on the second. Id likely over rotate and break my back or neck

You have to jump from the 10m platform without looking down for $100,000, but there’s a 0.1% chance the pool is empty.

12 Likes

I physically cannot make myself dive. If I jump up in the air, I can’t tell my body to rotate and have point my head down and my feet come up behind me. My body just won’t do it. It’s weird.

The closest I can come is just to fall forward them push myself off the board as I get past parallel. I did this from the high dive at the local pool (10’?) once and was very proud of myself.

1 Like

I’d dive face first. I have this annoying habit of looking down when I jump and from large heights that really hurts your face when you get to the water

i’m not sure i could bring myself to dive off it first time, but i think i could just run and jump off the platform okay enough…

Jump feet first for sure, would do it for a hundred bucks… actually, I could probably he convinced to do it on a dare. Not scared of heights and I’ve jumped off small cliffs many times in my youth.

Head first? Never. If I jump feet first, keep my hand at my sides and point my toes, I should be fine every time.
Head first? All landing angles and entries are on the table. There’s no chance I’m going to slice through that water like a pro. It’s going to be ugly and hopefully only painful.

1 Like

Cannonball is probably safest from 10 meters. No chance of flopping.

I’d be a little concerned that hitting the water all tucked up like that would be more dangerous/less pleasant than feet first. I’d need to stay at a Holiday Inn Express the night before to really know for sure though.

the idea that she would get praise is pretty crazy.

1 Like